Please Confirm XM-18 3.5" Authenticity

I won this on an undisclosed auction site today (hint: it rhymes with fleabay) and I wanted to check with you guys to make sure it was authentic prior to paying for it. I am fairly confident that it is authentic but it went for a steal of a price which just makes me a little nervous.

I also wanted to make sure that you veterans don't notice anything that was modified that would void Rick's warranty.

Thanks guys!

$(KGrHqZ,!oIFCp5e)sMqBQu8jNvhIQ~~60_57.JPG

$T2eC16d,!zQE9s3st(-vBQu8iz2MUQ~~60_57.JPG

$T2eC16R,!ykE9s7t)btTBQu8kzVW0g~~60_3.JPG

$T2eC16h,!w0E9szN,-B+BQu8lVOYMg~~60_3.JPG

$T2eC16F,!ysE9sy0gCkcBQu8liOIn!~~60_3.JPG

I was watching this auction (not bidding, just watching) and noticed it ended. Kind of cool someone on the forums won it. Congrats, assuming you get the okay from the more experienced (looks good to me).

Yeah, I was watching it and I decided I would toss a bid out there and I was really surprised I got it for what I did. I was thinking the red would complement my black 3.5" XM I currently have :D

Now I just hope someone chimes in to ok this so I can thin my wallet!

I do believe you got the real deal there. I was keeping an eye on it also. I am not sure it is blue anodized, that may be just the lighting, but I am 100% sure it is a real deal. A good price for a great knife. Enjoy

When you get it check where the steel is marked on the blade - I've heard the knockoffs aren't marked as clearly. Great score!

I see no indications of it being a fake. Nice score!!!

That is a real Hinderer XM-18 3.5" Non Flipper. Beautiful knife! Love the Red G10 scales. You don't see a lot of scales in that color. Congrats and enjoy your new Hinderer XM-18.

Cheers.

It's real, it's a 3rd Gen. Pretty sure it's not anodized, just funky lighting on those pics. Look how blue the blade looks compared to the other pics. Congrats.

Looks like an early Gen 3. I cannot confirm too much detail without better photos or hands-on experience.

I don't know what some of you are saying about blue ano...I don't see it in these photos.

It's the lighting--no blue ano.

Yes the lighting is doo doo at best in those images.

My words may have served better as a question.

Some mentioned something about blue on this knife, I don't see any blue bits, so what is the conversation about blue? I'm guessing it was listed as blue somewhere, I have no idea.

I don't know where the blue came about. There was nothing listed about the knife being blue and it doesn't look blue to me personally.

If it arrives blue, I will be pleasantly surprised! :D

From memory, didn't the listing say it had blue standoffs?

Back