1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Week 42 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream, going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    an Kizer Vanguard V4516A1 Domin Folding Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Please help identify

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by Bill Sanders, May 3, 2015.

1. Bill Sanders

Bill Sanders

Aug 18, 2003
    I have lost all info I have on the three blades in the middle of this pic. I would like to see if someone can identify them.
    http://i.imgur.com/F4AARoD.jpg

2. davidf99

davidf99 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Sep 27, 2011
    I'm pretty sure the rightmost of the three is a Malla. The cho is pretty distinctive, and it has the simple straight-line Sword of Shiva, and the general blade profile of a Malla.

The Malla has a flat spine, different from the V-shaped spine of most HI khukuris. Can't tell from this photo, but if it has a flat spine that would be more evidence.

Not so obvious about the other two. Maybe if you can post the lengths and weights it will help someone to identify them.

3. Bill Sanders

Bill Sanders

Aug 18, 2003
    It does, indeed have the flat spine. One identity confirmed. Thank you!

4. Bill Sanders

Bill Sanders

Aug 18, 2003
  5. Bill Sanders

Bill Sanders

Aug 18, 2003
  6. guruguru

guruguru

Jan 16, 2015
    Left mystery blade-

[​IMG]

Middle mystery blade-

[​IMG]

7. Rose&Thorn

Rose&Thorn

Jun 27, 2012
  8. davidf99

davidf99 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Sep 27, 2011
    The middle knife seems to have no maker's mark on the left side of the blade.

If it's really old, the maker's mark might be on the right side, but it's hard to see in your original photo.

If you can get a closeup of the right side it might allow identification.