1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Please Help, is this 940 real or fake?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by AsianBeerCan, Jan 9, 2017.

1. AsianBeerCan

AsianBeerCan

Aug 25, 2015
    My friend is looking at this 940, but the screws, lack of Benchmade logo on the blade, and clip that doesn't include the "USA" are making me worried about fakes. What do y'all think?
    https://imgur.com/gallery/GqoSs
    Thanks.

2. TravisH

TravisH Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 22, 2014
  3. Hickory n steel

Hickory n steel Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 11, 2016
    Nevermind.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
  4. pocketmetals07

pocketmetals07

Apr 21, 2015
    everything about it looks legit to me, i owned one and nothing stands out as a fake here. my pocket clip didn't say usa either.

5. Smokinape

Smokinape

Jan 21, 2011
    Your "friend" should be looking to only buy from reputable dealers or folks with a good standing in the knife community.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

6. AsianBeerCan

AsianBeerCan

Aug 25, 2015
    I reposted in the Benchmade subforum.
    I buy my knives from BladeHQ and Knife Center. But he says it's his friend selling, and that's why he's interested, he is charging $125

7. palonej

palonej Platinum Member Platinum Member

Aug 5, 2015
    For $125 it should be close to mint and we can't see the blade open.
    Decent deal if the blade is ok,

8. glocker199

glocker199

Mar 14, 2005
    Looks 100% real to me. That's a painted clip, which doesn't come marked USA. The black oxide and parkerized clips are marked USA.

9. dkb45

dkb45 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 16, 2012
    Not to make it more confusing, but I have I think 2 painted US marked painted clips.

As for the knife it looks legit, just has bronzed screws. Common non-invasive customization practice, same as custom clips.