Please help to confirm if this is a genuine BUCK knife

I am not defending the dealer here, he may very well know they are counterfeit. But, he may be thinking some ebayer decided he didn't like his purchase so he's cause'n trouble, calling it a fake and wants his money back. Until recently I had no idea people were counterfieting knives, ya I've seen cheap knock off's that look similar, but never labled as a Buck. So not being aware of such, most wouldn't even second guess it.

Being the seller was a pawn shop I can say without a doubt he knows exactly what he's doing.Those guys know what their buying,if they didn't they'd be out of bussiness in a month.

Here's an update of what's been happening.

Since the Seller has relisted the counterfiet Buck knife again, I contacted their state's police department, and have today received an email from Western Australia Police: Technology Crime Investigation Unit SMAIL <Technology.Crime@police.wa.gov.au>

What you have described does not constitute a criminal offence.

This is a breach of the contract of sale you have entered into (item not as described) you will need to resolve this matter either directly with the seller or by taking civil action against them. Ebay should also take action against them based on your report of this matter to them.

Regards

Jamie McDonald
Detective Sergeant 10487
Technology Crime Investigations Team
Computer Crime Squad
Western Australia Police

I immediately forwarded this email to the Paypal special investigaitor handling my claim.

Hopefully I'll hear from them sometime in the begining of May to find out when/if I get my money refunded.

Being the seller was a pawn shop I can say without a doubt he knows exactly what he's doing.Those guys know what their buying,if they didn't they'd be out of bussiness in a month.

Yup, I totally agree with you. It's the main reason I want a refund, to show him/her they can't get away with selling counterfiet goods.

I'm stunned and disappointed eBay hasn't shut him down yet, but it does look like he/she does quite a bit of business through them.

Profits over morality I guess.

Sure sorry to see the Police were not any help but it don't surprise me,let's hope ebay does the right thing.

E-Bay will get you a refund, but it's often slow. If something should go wrong you can always do a chargeback on your credit card (which is why we ALWAYS pay by credit card when paying through Paypal on e-Bay, right?).

:)

Final Update:

Paypal has agreed finally to refund my money. It took about a month, which really isn't that long in the scheme of things.

My special thanks to Susan Jensen and Joe Hauser for their special assistance, and to everyone on this thread for their help and advice.

My only regret is that the SoB eBay seller is still listing the counterfiet knife for sale:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Buck-855-Bravo-Rescue-Knife-Sheath-NEW-/170622038611?pt=AU_Hunting&hash=item27b9ddb253

I've contacted eBay several times in regards to this item, but to no avail. It seems that eBay and Sergeant Shultz have something in common: they both choose to "see and know nothing".

However, next time I will be more careful buying a knife on eBay.

Peace all!

....I've contacted eBay several times in regards to this item, but to no avail. It seems that eBay and Sergeant Shultz have something in common: they both choose to "see and know nothing"....

Generally, eBay won't do anything on counterfeit stuff unless the actual rights owner complains, which is Buck. There is a eBay collective companies can join which assures ongoing scrutiny of infringements, too, I forget exactly how that works.

Microsoft for example, belongs, and and eBay is PDQ to nuke anything MS that even hints of counterfeit, educational versions, etc.

- OS

Unbelievable. I also saw this auction item. I clicked contact seller and told him he had a counterfeit. A week later I checked and it was still there, So I had a look at his feedback, noticed that someone (presumably the original poster) had told him it was counterfeit. This showed me that he definitely knew it was dodgy, and he was still offering them. So I contacted eBay and also sent an email to Buck, with a link to the auction. A week later again the item is still there. I also noticed a lot of other merchanidise in his online store that looked dodgy (Snap-on Tools etc). If eBay doesn't start dealing with people like him perhaps the office of fair trading will eventually have to get in on the act. Glad to hear you got a refund.

Looks like something worked. Just checked again, because I hate people like this and "This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available." About time.

Back