Please show consideration in the NO CHATTING threads...

Guyon

Biscuit Whisperer
Super Mod
I just moved two posts out of DerekH's Modifications thread. He requested NO CHATTING right there in the title.
First, I just stuck them in Beckerhead Chat, but then I realized he had a discussion outlet thread already set up. So I moved 'em there.

Sometimes, no chatting is requested because someone is trying to put together a definitive collection of pics/ideas without all the clutter.
Sometimes, no chatting is requested because a streamline thread makes a contest a LOT easier to judge.

Whatever the case, please put posts in the appropriate place.

Let me add that I'm not trying to be a post Nazi or squash conversation in any way. We WANT you to discuss ideas.
As in Derek's example, if you want a NO CHATTING thread, it's good manners to also provide another separate thread for discussion. He did so.
And like he did, it's good to make your request apparent. He has it in capital letters in his title and in boldfaced, large font in his original post.

I guess what I'm trying to say is.... read the thread. In Derek's thread, just skimming the title should suffice. :p

Edited to add: I just noticed that I'm only 30 posts away from ringing up all 3's. I'll probably retire at that point, and you can disregard everything above. :D

I'm with ya, I've seen some straight forward threads about a particular subject get bombarded with pages of random talk about totally unrelated things, especially jokes and toilet humor. While it's funny and harmless to a point, when someone is trying to actually gain knowledge and talk about the subject at hand, it can wash all of that out.

i had a user type person tell me this once (paraphrased): "i'm on the internets and i'm going to post in ALL THE THREADS! you can't stop me! it's my RIGHT"...

well, yes, users can be stopped. their content can be modded, changed, and moved. if they persist, they can be banned: BF is not stranger to that. as for RIGHTS, well, there's that pesky user agreement, and it says there are no rights ;) hahahahhah. right. moving on :)

thanks to Guyon for posting this. it's been on my mind. someone posts in a no chatting thread. someone ELSE responds to it. you can't really then post "no chatting", because now you have THREE threads glaringly obvious that have to be adjusted... threads have had to be closed in the past due to this. then adjusted. never to regain momentum.

also: please don't post drunk ;) you know who you are ;) j/k

have a good rest of weekend...

Appreciate you posting this Guyon. I think we all have been guilty of it at one point or another, but it sucks when you lose a thread to chatter that could easily go elsewhere. Hopefully this will serve to get all of us back on track. ;)

also: please don't post drunk ;) you know who you are ;) j/k

That might have been me, sorry...been a long summer working retail...

Guyon -

You could have scored extra irony points by making this a "no chatting" thread. I'm here to help.
---

Beckerhead #42

Back