Please tell me about this case!

About two years ago I wanted my first trapper knife and when I went to Walmart for groceries I went to the sport section and they had a case jigged fire engine red trapper with the American flag shield. I bought it and did some research but can't seem the find the exact model. I've seen photos of a display with different patterns with the same style of handle shield. Seems like it was a one off line back in the early 2000s. Can some of the more experienced help me out?

I don't know for sure, but the fire engine red covers might be a Walmart Exclusive.

They probably ordered 50,000 or more of them, so Case was willing to put on whatever color covers Walmart wanted.

Is the last three numbers of the model/pattern number different form other trappers of the same size?

Weird thing about that is the display I saw wasn't for Walmart and my knife didn't come with a box. Also I'd have to look at the knife when I get home.

They were built for other dealers too circa 2002; many were single blade (I had a 75 frame that was a 6175). The handle material was jigged Delrin. OH

Odd. Mine is a regular trapper with a clip and spey. I've heard of the single blade 2002 line. They made those knives with other handle materials to if I'm not mistaken.

There's a knife on the 'big auction site' matching the OP's description (6254 SS trapper, 'Fire Engine Red' jigged delrin, American flag shield, etc), with pics including the box and labelling. Box is done in an American flag pattern/motif, BTW. Date on the box's label indicates the knife was made on 04/25/16. Also shows a 'WO#' (maybe 'work order' number?) on the label that might hint at a limited or dealer-targeted run. So, it may be that Case did another run of these recently, beyond others produced back in the 2003/2004 time frame (seeing listings of those too, around the web), as previously mentioned. Could be that these were done as an SFO for certain dealers, such as (maybe) Walmart and others. Wouldn't surprise me, if so.

These are apparently called the 'Stars & Stripes' line, from descriptions I'm also seeing of this and the earlier run listings.

Last edited:
I have a Mini-Copperhead as described by the OP.. 2012 is the yr on the tang..
John

Here is a picture of the 2002 Case 6175 that I once owned. I gave it to a fishing buddy so I have no box to check the label info. OH
Case-6175-SS-Jack-2002.jpg

About two years ago I wanted my first trapper knife and when I went to Walmart for groceries I went to the sport section and they had a case jigged fire engine red trapper with the American flag shield. I bought it and did some research but can't seem the find the exact model. I've seen photos of a display with different patterns with the same style of handle shield. Seems like it was a one off line back in the early 2000s. Can some of the more experienced help me out?
Tons of them still available, just Google.
Some are jigged, some are not, some are blue.
I've had several in different models and they were all well built knives.
I gave two of them away in the Picture Hunt GAW, a trapper and a jack.

Last edited:
Back