1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Plumb Boy's Axe marked on reverse

Discussion in 'Axe, Tomahawk, & Hatchet Forum' started by the-accumulator, Oct 12, 2019.

1. the-accumulator

the-accumulator

Jan 24, 2008
    I have a Plumb Boy's Axe marked on reverse in script (but to faint to easily read and impossible to photograph) with what appears to be"Russ Pollard". It is stamped in the steel at the poll and under the applied finish, so I doubt that it was added after it was manufactured by an owner to identify ownership. All the letters were obviously stamped at the same time, although the stamping is deeper on the left and more shallow and faint on the right. I do believe it was stamped into the metal while it was hot. Nothing comes up when I google it. Maybe I have misread the letters?? Any ideas? Thanks, TA

Fmont, Yankee Josh and Hairy Clipper like this.
  2. the-accumulator

the-accumulator

Jan 24, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
    Fmont, Hairy Clipper and garry3 like this.
  3. garry3

garry3

Sep 11, 2012
    It would be interesting to know the story behind it.
    http://www.yesteryearstools.com/Yesteryears Tools/Plumb Co..html
    "Some etched hatchets appear to be examples that were used primarily as advertisements or were possibly promotional in nature while. Others suggest that they were commissioned by a company as a commemorative gift for an individual; perhaps someone who was retiring."

Fmont, Yankee Josh and Hairy Clipper like this.
  4. Yankee Josh

Yankee Josh Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 31, 2018
    Hairy Clipper and Fmont like this.
  5. Agent_H

Agent_H Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 21, 2013
    Well, it is Photobucket after all.

[​IMG]

6. the-accumulator

the-accumulator

Jan 24, 2008
    If Plumb was known to have made special order axes with somebody's name stamped on the reverse, I could believe that would explain why this one exists.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
    Fmont, A17 and Hairy Clipper like this.