PM2 Bowie

Spyderco has done an excellent job in introducing new blade steels and even blade styles! To me the next logical step in progression isn’t blade styles that don’t work but new contoured scales! The possibilities and materials are endless for beautifully sculpted scales on not just the PM2 but most all their knives! Many of the flat scales are starting to look dated!

That's for real? I thought it was a photoshop gag pic...oh my.

But for a pocket sized folding Bowie, no one beats Ed Schempp's take on the All-American blade, imho.

It9yG54.jpg

Last edited:
This blade shape doesn't really add anything to the PM2, except maybe some bulk to the blade. It's up to the user whether that's a benefit or a deficit. I really prefer the regular PM2 over this, but I wasn't interested in the Tanto PM2 either.

Maybe it will have a sturdier tip with that grind that is still good at piercing? Who knows, but the fuller looks way off.

Folding bowies are hard... I like the Espada L and XL, and the Boker Kalashnikov. They should have done this on the Millie 2 in a steel, more blade space.

That's for real? I thought it was a photoshop gag pic...oh my.

But for a pocket sized folding Bowie, no one beats Ed Schempp's take on the All-American blade, imho.

It9yG54.jpg
What is that top Schempp?!? Is that a Ironwood Schempp Bowie?
Wow!

Folding bowies are hard... I like the Espada L and XL, and the Boker Kalashnikov. They should have done this on the Millie 2 in a steel, more blade space.

What is that top Schempp?!? Is that a Ironwood Schempp Bowie?
Wow!
Thank you. :)

Yes sir. It is a factory Schempp Bowie where the top quillion was chopped and ironwood was used to replace the CF/G10 laminate.

I also deleted the pocket clip and lanyard hole making the handle a bit shorter overall at the same time.

It was kinda my take on a Buck 110 / Spyderco medley.

It was quite involved because of blind pin beneath the brass and the scales had to be mitered under the bolsters with non-standard compound angles.

I contacted Mr. Schempp personally and he said that he'd mocked up the same type of knife with no top guard himself.

But yeah, getting the proportions right with any clip point blade is very important to aesthetics, imho.

Like you, I find the Large & XL Espadas especially graceful to my eye, also.

Last edited:
Back