PM3 - I bent my pocket clip...

I know I can remove it and squeeze it back into shape with a pair of pliers but if you folks have a better suggestion, I'm all ears. One thing I like about the stock clip on that knife if that it doesn't get in the way when I'm using the knife but I'm very open to suggestions.

I actually have a different problem that I've never encountered before. On my KJ exclusive Para 3 lightweight, I cannot remove the clip screw. It is still holding the (wire) clip securely, but it feels as though the screw is stripped and won't back out. It turns but not freely - my guess is that it was cross threaded upon install. The female on the opposite side is definitely not turning with it. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the knife - it functions superbly, but I cannot remove the clip. I don't know whether to contact Spyderco or KJ (it being an exclusive).

I've bent clips in the past by catching them on various things. My CRK Sebenza has been a victim twice. I just remove it and straighten and reinstall and if you like that stock clip then try that first. One other option is to look at a titanium deep carry clip which is what I use on my Spydercos.

Put the flat attachment plate section in a padded vice so you don't warp that part, use thin wood plastic or MDF, then gently bend it back. I've bent plenty of clips, if your careful and bend, check, bend,check, it's pretty easy to repair or adjust the tension even. I dont think they are even heat treated and have never snapped one. Worth a try before you pay for a new one. It's already bent whats the worst that can happen?

I actually have a different problem that I've never encountered before. On my KJ exclusive Para 3 lightweight, I cannot remove the clip screw. It is still holding the (wire) clip securely, but it feels as though the screw is stripped and won't back out. It turns but not freely - my guess is that it was cross threaded upon install. The female on the opposite side is definitely not turning with it. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the knife - it functions superbly, but I cannot remove the clip. I don't know whether to contact Spyderco or KJ (it being an exclusive).
I would send it to spyderco unless KJ is willing to swap it out.

Back