Pocket knives at school for work

Status
Not open for further replies.
High schools in my state do not need a search warrant to search a student's car.

That's why I changed my view of this as I didn't know the school didn't need a search warrant when I first made that comment. See my last post.

Life is full of rules and there often are penalties beyond "the law" for breaking them. People get fired all the time for breaking the rules. Often it's an excuse to get rid of someone, but it is about insubordination.

Indeed. Part of becoming an adult is realizing that you don't get whatever you want. Heck, I want to go to work in pajamas and drink martinis all day there. Guess what? Can't!

My point is the best advice I can give our young friend is simliar to yours....store the knife at work, or accept the fact that you don't get your way all the time.

Or just get tossed from high school...not graduating high school will show "the man"! :)

Last edited:
I'm a knife guy; have been for a lot of years. OP, I would follow the suggestions to just store the knife at work, or simply use whatever utility knife they issue and leave it there. Simple. You won't suffocate from not having your own knives for a few hours a day. No risk and no mental anguish over possibly getting into trouble. Now that's clearly not the answer you want to hear, because you seem to skirt around it.

But by all means, do whatever you want to do. It sounds as if you've made up your mind anyway.

Jim

I think a lot of the wiggling to get around the rules was essentially proposed by people here

In another thread he laid out a plan to sneak a knife into an amusement park. In this thread he has shown a lack of reason as it relates to trying to hide knives from the police. He considers his knives weapons. He got into a fight with his sister in which she was injured by a knife he was wielding. This behavior did not come from here. We are not responsible for his lack of rationality and dangerous behavior. I hope his parents are monitoring his behavior because he seems a bit misguided and dangerous (he stabbed his sister for gods sake). Kids like this are the reason there are no tolerance policies.

Now I understand some of your more recent posts Craytab. I am not in the habit of searching to see what threads someone posted in or started before I reply. I take things at face value.

Now I understand some of your more recent posts Craytab. I am not in the habit of searching to see what threads someone posted in or started before I reply. I take things at face value.

Same here. Thanks Craytab.

That is what is great about this community. We can all see what you post. Kids need to learn that what you put out on the internet is out there forever. Consider what you say before you say it and what not. The thing about getting in a fight with your sister where she was hitting him with a hammer and he nicked her with a knife is not going away. There are issues here and a knife at work isn't one of them.

In another thread he laid out a plan to sneak a knife into an amusement park. In this thread he has shown a lack of reason as it relates to trying to hide knives from the police. He considers his knives weapons. He got into a fight with his sister in which she was injured by a knife he was wielding. This behavior did not come from here. We are not responsible for his lack of rationality and dangerous behavior. I hope his parents are monitoring his behavior because he seems a bit misguided and dangerous (he stabbed his sister for gods sake). Kids like this are the reason there are no tolerance policies.

Keep in mind that my sister was actively hitting me in the head with a hammer well before I reached for my knife

Keep in mind that my sister was actively hitting me in the head with a hammer well before I reached for my knife

I am well aware of what you said happened. Just so we are all on the same page:

I'm still fairly young, but my love of sharp things started in cub scouts. The first camping trip I went on with a group was the first time I really carried a pocket knife. Keep in mind, it was nothing over the top. Just a little swiss army knife. That was all I had for a while. Eventually, I got a better quality one. Eventually, we moved out into the country and I took on more chores. Soon after that, I got my first true folding knife. It was one of those orange Bear Grylls knives. I took it everywhere. I beat it up so hard it's not even funny. Then one day, I was riding in my dad's truck and I found this cool little Gerber double edge fixed blade he had owned since he was deployed in Egypt. I wanted it SO badly, but he said no. My knife love sort of plateaued there for a few years. Eventually, I was riding around with my mom and sister. We happened to stop by a knife shop and I got a Buck fixed blade hunting knife. That thing is still carried in my car to this day. When me and my family went out to D.C for a few weeks, we visited Gettysburg and stumbled on a knife shop. In hindsight, it was all novelty garbage but one knife stood out that I had to have. $13 later, I had a rogue river air force assisted opening rescue knife. That basically became the replacement for the Gerber knife, which by this point I had busted beyond repair. Fast forward to recent history and I saw a SOG seal pup knife that I decided on a whim to get. It was even better than the Buck I had carried for a while. Then this last February rolls around and me and my sister get into an argument while I was outside. This was over a pair of headphones, mind you. She got her hand around my head and hit me with a hammer. I realized that I had an assisted opening knife that I got for Christmas and pulled it out. I didn't hit anything vital. She got a little nick on her arm. Say what you will, but it made that hammer stop hitting my head. The knife ending that altercation before I suffered head trauma meant that it basically saved my life. For a few months after that, my parents were really strict about me or my sister having access to anything that could be used as a weapon. They have both eased up considerably although my dad is still firmly against me carrying a fixed blade at his house. Once things died down, I got a gerber like my dad had in his car. I never carried it around him, but I had it. Then I met David. He was the guy who first opened my eyes up to different steel types. His advice led me to buy my first Benchmade. I went into Portland to pick one out, but the store clerk said that I had to be 18 to buy any knife from them. I am 17 at this point, so I left feeling defeated. When I got home, I went to Benchmade's website and ordered an AFO 2 auto knife. When it arrived, I was amazed. I ended up giving the fixed blade Gerber to my sister for her birthday. I currently have a Benchmade mini grip coming in with M4 steel and I simply can not wait

Doesn't sound to me like you should be trying to sneak knives anywhere.

Bet yet you are. Nice necro thread too:

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...s-and-Amusement-Parks?p=16397994#post16397994

And here:

With all that said, I'm going to Oaks Park in Portland, Oregon tomorrow and intend to take my Benchmade Griptillian and Victorinox Super Tinker. I have a deep pocket carry clip from BM on the Griptillian. I plan on dropping the Griptillian deep in my pocket at the front gate and if anyone says anything, I take it back to my car. Once I get in, I'll let the deep pocket clip ride and don't anticipate anyone to even notice. Most people don't even realize what a pocket clip means if they can't see the handle to go along with it

Might be time to read a whole lot more and think about what you post before you reply or start new threads.

Now that you're online, do you, or do you not, have a locker or desk or station at work that you store personal belongings at? Further debate is useless without knowing this information, as knowing this info will steer the conversation towards a reasonable conclusion.

Now that you're online, do you, or do you not, have a locker or desk or station at work that you store personal belongings at? Further debate is useless without knowing this information, as knowing this info will steer the conversation towards a reasonable conclusion.

No locker or desk for anyone but the boss

Nothing like the love of a family:)
You both should seek help
We are. It's not working out

I'd just get a cheap knife that you wouldn't loose any sleep over loosing and just leave it at work somewhere. Best I can tell you, that or don't have a knife at work. Up to you man, you're old enough to make your own choices but realize that your future depends on making good ones now and that means dealing with some inconvenience to prevent having to deal with an even more inconvenient situation later.

No locker or desk for anyone but the boss

Well, that makes it easy: talk to your boss about your predicament and ask if you can get a place to store your work knife at work, if he doesn't give you a drawer/locker then I guess you're screwed. I would not bring any of your knives anywhere near campus, not on your person or in the car; if you need a knife at work your boss should be able to make it happen without having to force you to carry it around with you outside of work.

Lucky you aren't in Indiana we have very lax knife laws except when you carry on school grounds now ya got a felony

What exactly do you use your knife for at work that makes this so important? Seems like you just want to carry a knife for the sake of just having it and no real practical purpose, especially when your walking a very thin line of getting into serious trouble. Save the knife play for the weekend and just go to school and work and not worry about it.

7 pages and the OP still does not seem to be willing to take the right advice. It is kids like the OP that schools should have such a zero tolerance policy with knives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back