Pocket question

cm

I never carried a knife with a clip
in my pocket. But I carried pens this way, and they usually slip out (say after sitting for while). Can this happen with the small Sebenza?

Thanks, Carlo

I do not care for clips on my Sebenza knives. Remove the clip and intstall the small insert for perfect color matched titanium.

Pocket carry is very secure with the thin leather pouch available from CRK.

Regards,
FK

Things have had a nasty way of falling out of my pockets, so I've never been brave enough to clip my Sebenza there. I carry in waistband myself.

I carry a small Sebenza clipped inside my front pocket and never had a problem.

Every time I put my hand in my pocket; I know it's there.

The new clip is very good.

------------------
Rick Gray - Left Handers Unite

FK,
"Remove the clip and install the insert for the perfect color matched titanium". I don't understand. My new Sebenza won't be here until wednesday. It's my first one. Do they come with the insert, or do you have to buy it? I don't see it on the accessories list.

Thanks,
Will

Never had a problem with the old clip, and the new one is even better. No worries, mate!
If, however, you like belt sheaths, you owe it to yourself to see what Gary Graley does with a small seb and a few pieces of leather. Artistry!
-Paul

I also think that when James said "Clip bad; knife good" he wasn't singling out the Sebenza clip. James is a notorious hater of ALL pocket clips
biggrin.gif
, and I doubt he meant that there are any inherent flaws specific to the Sebenza clip.
-Paul

Paul . .. look closely and you'll see that most of the G2 sheaths are only ONE piece of leather . . . very nicely done. This makes them a real work of art.
biggrin.gif

Years ago, I made a sheath for a small hatchet out of some leather stock I stumbled across in my Dad's shop. Based on appearance, the sheath would have comfortably housed Paul Bunyan's axe
eek.gif
. . . but there was barely room for the hatchet.
rolleyes.gif

When it comes to working with leather, Gary has been there & done that; and it shows in the finished product.
cool.gif

Edit to add G2 Website . . . http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Cabin/7306/

------------------
ralph

[This message has been edited by ralphtt (edited 04-11-2001).]

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ptpalpha:
I also think that when James said "Clip bad; knife good" he wasn't singling out the Sebenza clip. James is a notorious hater of ALL pocket clips
biggrin.gif
, and I doubt he meant that there are any inherent flaws specific to the Sebenza clip.
-Paul
</font>

Thats me, notorious
wink.gif

------------------
James Segura
San Francisco, CA

Have carried my small seb in the pocket for the past three years and it has only come out when I was removing something else from my pocket and it caught on it...

------------------
Clay Fleischer
clay_fleischer@yahoo.com
AKTI Member A000847

On my Spiderco, I carried it clipped inside my front pocket of my Levi's. I did this for about 3-4 months and only had it lost (On the seat belt) once... and only lost it permanently one time!
smile.gif

Now, with my large Sebenza, I carry it daily without a clip, in my front pocket. I turned the pants inside out and on the wifes sewin machine, I ran a nice stitch from the bottom of the pocket up about 2 1/2 inches along the front of the pocket. Now I just slip it in there and it stays standing up, simple to get to and don't fall and lay along the bottom of the pocket. I have done it this way for about 6 months now.. I like it.

The clip on the seb is one of the things that impress me. It kind of seems to lock onto the pocket of my jeans.

------------------
Brian
The first knife was probably used to cut stuff.

I've carried mine clipped for a year now and no problem. Jeans, dockers, shorts, and all kinds of activities.

I now have a G2 sheath and use that quite a bit. But shorts weather is upon us, and the clip will be my friend once again!

Brandon

Back