• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Pointy Santoku - Reduced

I've made a few kitchen knives and I think this one will be the basis of what I like in a kitchen knife.

This has the wide heel and profile of a santoku but with a much more aggressive point. As I tend to cut up a lot of peppers, I like the point for cleaning the insides but still have the width for scooping everything up.

This is in W2 with a G10 and Turkish walnut handle.

The blade is 6 3/8" from the tip the heel of the edge and with a 5 1/8" handle. The handle is a softened octagon as I don't like the sharp ridges for comfort.

As you can see, this is an integral design and I left the forge texture at the bolster area in contrast to the hamon and clean handle. The integral design adds a little weight to the knife and the point of balance is directly on the bolster.

The blade is quite thin at about 3/32" just in front of the bolster and tapers to a very thin point, the edge is at about 0.008" before sharpening.

Asking $old shipped

I will apologize for these two crappy photos and will take better ones but I am just out the door for a seasonal party with the kids and wanted to post this before I headed out...

axe%20and%20gyuto_1_zpstsfggjgs.jpg

axe%20and%20gyuto_2_zps06fqvrvo.jpg

Last edited:
Back