Police 3

I got my Police 3 today in PE

1. Feels great in the Hand, I am a Millie nut and I have to admit feels as good, maybe even a little better in the Hand.

2. Handle length is about the same as the Millie, Handle thickness is thinner than the Millie, the G10 slabs are very thin on top of ST Liners, looks great and very thin profile.

3. blade is like a stretched out FFG Endura, very thin at the tip, the blade shape and thinnes will make it a great slicer.

4. Overall fit and finish were perfect, Blade lockup a little tight but with some oil and work will be just fine in a day or so.

I just got the New Model Police tonight so Ihavenot had time to carry it or cut with it or take pics, I will add to this thread as I use the knife some.

Thanks for the feedback!

Does the tip is more fragile then in Military ?

How about some pics, bro ?:)

MCM

Gold Member
How does it compare to the Military?
Looking at this new Police or the:
"Spyderco Military, Carbon Fiber Handle, S90V, Plain Edge SC36CF90VP"
for my 1st folder from this Co.

Am OK with a liner lock.
Is the Military better built? Or just a few more bucks due to the CF over the G-10?

Thanks

First if you are looking to buy your first spyderco, there are several Military Versions, I like out of all the versions the CF BG-42 the best, That knife is about $40.00 Dollars more than the Police 3. A Reg S30V version is about $20.00 Dollars cheaper than the Police 3.

I like the Military alot but now I also like the police 3. You will not go wrong picking either of them for your first Spyderco. Fair warning, after you get one you will want another.

As for tip strength, both the Military and Police 3 have thin tips but the design of the Police 3 tip should make it a little stronger, The Police has a thin long blade, it is not a knife to pry with but slice and dice OH! Man! I will do some testing in the next few days and try to get some pics for someone to post as well.

RickJ

The Military has a thicker blade (4 mm vs. 3 mm), but the splinter picker tip is probably weaker than the more rounded one on the Police. Not a problem, unless you pry with it or stab it into hard material.

MCM

Gold Member
Thanks for the info.
I went ahead and bought both..........:)
The Police 3 is in the mail.
DSC07019.jpg

Last edited:
Ok! after carrying the Police 3 for a few days, it has now obtained equal status as my favorite folder. CF BG-42 Military and Police 3 are my two top choices, going now down to 3rd is my FFG Endura with Foliage green slabs.

I really like the Police 3 and over time may even replace the Military, just not fully ready to say that yet, need more use and testing. I may have to do some side by side test to see which I like overall the best.

RickJ

Sorry, I don't have one! for me just a little on the short side, for a EDC, I like around 4 inch blade.

RickJ

riz_aaroni

Gold Member
What are the differences between the police3 and endura g-10? They seem very similar, able to post a comparison shot or shotsss, pretty please? lol. Congrats on the new knife. I like the endura, but the blade style isn't really doing it for me. LOVE the para millie, but would like something longer/thinner bladed.

THG

What are the differences between the police3 and endura g-10? They seem very similar, able to post a comparison shot or shotsss, pretty please? lol. Congrats on the new knife. I like the endura, but the blade style isn't really doing it for me. LOVE the para millie, but would like something longer/thinner bladed.

1. Size. The Police 3 is 1/4 + 1/8 inches bigger.
2. Blade-handle ratio. The ratio is supposed to be closer to 1-1 than the Endura is
3. The shape is slightly different
4. The P3 has a finger choil

I can't think of any other differences.

riz_aaroni

Gold Member
Gotcha, I think seeing one in person would help. The blade looks different, but not different enough to really know if there is a huge difference.

which is heavier. The Military or the Police III ?

Does the Police III have the full metal liners?

One reason i like the Military is its light weight. I have an earlier model (440V)before they added the reinfoced liners near the top. I much prefer my older model because it is so light.

I think sometimes the improvemnets spyderco makes is more about customer demand rather than "improvement". I don't think adding the extra liners on the new Militarys will increase its integrity (it is more of a comfort factor for folks). The G10 scales by themselves stand up just fine.

I can't answer the liner question but the Police models all of them are a little heavier then the Military. I don't own a Police but I've carried enough knives in it's weight range to know if the clip and knife or made right you probably will barely notice the diff!