Police Recruit slipperiness cure

As if you ran out of things to put grip tape on
wink.gif

I have it on the rear portion (sides only) from about the center of the middle hole back to the pinky area. Cut the holes and voila! I did this mainly so I can get it out of this darn Kenny Rowe sheath. Big fingers and little amount of knife to pull on doesn't work too well
smile.gif

It really stays put in your hand with only this much!
Just remember when working with grip/skateboard tape, keep edges curved and rounded. Square corners peel free quick.

Maybe as the sheath wears in, I'll remove the tape as it can be pretty abrasive on your nubs.

[This message has been edited by Strabs (edited 02-09-2001).]

You may want to try "Grit Spray" in an aerosol can. Comes in various colors, black included. Sprays on wet and drys by air. It leaves a surface very similar to that of the long gone ARMORHIDE type from discontinued Gerber fix blades. Feels a bit like grip tape but only a less abrasive. Available from Brownells gunsmithing catalog. Go to www.brownells.com

Nakano

Strabs,

I wish you would've called me first. After having heard of your troubles I sat down and considered all of the factors including quickness of deployment, security as well as durability of grip, and most importantly the actual personality and behavioral characteristics of the individual who will be incorporating this system. I say system because this isn't simply a matter of applying a grip enhancing coating or texture, although I am sure that those would work quite well.

"The System", as it will be referred to from this point forward, is more of a two-part operational protocol. The first part involves covering the entire handle of the Recruit with the fuzzy or "female" side of peel and stick velcro. The second part of "the system" involves the acquisition of a custom glove which would be fashioned from the coarse or "male" side of velcro fabric (preferably only the inside of the palm area). The glove would then, obviously, need to be worn on a continuous basis unless you were in a position where rapid deployment would not be of utmost importance. This glove could be made in a variety of colors to compliment even the most varied taste in wardrobes, such as yours. Soon, friends and family would begin to accept "the system glove" as part of your overall ensemble, much the way Michael Jackson's family and fans looked upon his singular, gloved hand during his heyday. I truly believe that your employment of this system could mark what would soon become known as the "Heyday of Strabs". It's hard to say, but I can forsee a national holiday rolling out of this period in your life where parades and festivals would mark the wearing of "the system glove". Can you see it? . . . Do you share the dream? . . . Do you have the desire to live it? . . . If so, please send $8,325.00 for not only the aforementioned "system" but for the rights of exclusivity.

Live the dream Strabs! Do it!

Yours in nuclear deployment systems,

Jerry Busse

Hmmmm, I think you've got a hit there Jerry
biggrin.gif

Maybe you could approach the guys at the ATC forum with this! You could call it the "Perfect a Position" for throwing an accurate 'hawk
smile.gif

Strabs,

Better yet, once "the system" is yours, you can license it to whomever you'd like. . . . . . . . Now, will you be sending cash or a money order?
wink.gif

Busse

i also had a bit of a "slipperiness" problem with only one of my two recruits....i used a very simple product that is not gritty at all....i dipped the posterior half of the handle in a product called plastic dip....this left a nice rubbery tool handle coating (similar to those found on pliers) on the back half of the handle that is tough yet easlily removed if you want if taken off or you screw up the application process and doesnt mar or affect the original finish put on the piece at the busse shop.....i can now draw the piece from my kenny rowe sheath lighning fast and have a nice addition to the grip surface that is cheap, easy to apply, and doesnt hurt the hand......if a single dip is not thick enough for you, multiple coats can be applied via multiple dippings at 4 hour intervals until the desired thickness is obtained.....just my .02 cents worth and my method...a can of this stuff runs about 7.00 dollars and is enough for hundreds of coats....it comes in black, green, blue, yellow, and red....i use the black..feverdoc

------------------
PUS HAS BIN BERRY BERRY GOOD TO ME

feverdoc

[This message has been edited by feverdoc (edited 02-12-2001).]

Back