Police tip survival

This didn't fly in GenBladeDiscussion, and I haven't seen anything written about the Police here, either. So:

The tip of my ss Police with serrated edge seems tough, but is it? Has anyone broken or bent his? If so, under what circumstances did it happen? What were you doing with it?

Other opinions on Police will be appreciated as well. Are there many out there? Something as solid as the Police definitely appeals to me.

Hi There Anders!

Spyderco POLICE? Now there's a great classic. this is the only Spyderco design that I absolutely adore. Sure every knife has its limitations, one has to compromise based upon one's own criteria for a knife. For me the POLICE is a magnificent piece of urban accessory.

Tip bending?? Depends very much on the user. What can I say other than lets learn not to abuse or rough handle blades with narrow pointed tips. I am assuming that this particular model was designed for L.E.O.'s, hence its name POLICE. So act wisely, think cooly and behave nicely when employing this fine piece of cutlery.

Krizzard. out.
"...Whoever kills with the sword must be killed by the sword... "
- The New Testament, Revelation 13 :10

Never broke mine but I really like it a lot. One of my favorite Spydies.

I would not try any heavy prying with it but I can't think of any uses this knife would be suited for where the tip could break.

IMHO, you have a fine knife, use it and enjoy :)

Spyderco has been making it a long time so I'm sure there are plenty out there.

I love my serrated S/S Police model. I have been trying to rotate through my Spydies of late, but I just can't seem to keep that Police model out of my pocket. I like it so much that I have a plain edged stainless Police model on order. I believe your knife to be the quintessential "Spydie". Enjoy.

Jeff/1911.

ps - No tip problems here.

Back