How To Polish 301 Delrin Scales?

First post here, but I have searched the forums in the past. Lots of good info here.

Can anyone tell me how to polish or shine up a pre-'86 Buck 301's sawcut handles? I've come across a 301 that is wonderful in all respects except the scales. They are partly shiny and partly matte. Don't know why, but probably from someone sanding out some scratches.

Has anyone had success in buffing the handles back to a shine? Best way to do it? Felt buffer? Flitz? Jewelers rouge?

I would be grateful for any suggestions.

Thanks,

Ky

Welcome to the Buck forum.... I have never tried to polish them but I guess I would try Flitz and work my way up...

Reactions: TAH
If the scales are just dull and not deeply scratched, I use "Natural" color Kiwi shoe polish. I put a light coating on with a rag, let it dry, and buff it off with the same rag. I try to avoid the sawcut area, but a toothbrush will remove any stubborn polish down in the grooves. It's a good place to start before trying something more aggressive.

91-ad5fAoML._SY355_.jpg

Rub mineral oil on the scales and buff with a terry cloth rag.If you need something more aggresive you can polish with mag wheel polish.

Back