Polished Screws??

My new and first Sebenza has polished screws. It is a large plain model with a date of birth of 02-01-00. A friend of mine has a large plain built sometime last fall. His does not have the same polished screws. Is this the current trend or did mine escape from the shop with the fancy screws??

Also, how long has CRK been rolling and smoothing the tops of the Sebenza blades. Does it date back to the beginning? I had a Spyderco-Wayne Goddard several years back that had the same treatment. Either way it is a great touch. Makes fine detailed cuts a pleasure.

------------------
I'm not nutz, I've just gone sebenza!

Shep

Polished screws are now standard on all models of Sebenza, I believe.

The oldest Sebenzas I have seen were still marked with a P for production, and all had the rolled and polished spine. I haven’t seen a Sebenza marked with H for handmade, so that is as far back as my knowledge goes.

------------------
James Segura
San Francisco, CA

Mine has the polished screws and it was born on 12/2/99. Does your new Sebenza have the screw for the clip ground flush with the inside of the handle? That was my idea!
biggrin.gif

Does yours have the new cutout under the clip? I heard that both styles still go out.

------------------
~Keith~
"War to the knife and knife to the hilt"

Kdarmy......
Yes the clip screw is flush with the inside of the handle. Good idea-thanks.
And no, I do not have the cut out under the clip. I'd guess that was done to give a little more room for clothing. A friend of mine's born late 99 has the cut out under the clip. I've carried mine now for a few days. Clip is tight while wearing Dockers and uniform trousers. Other than that it seems OK. With other knives I've bent the clips a bit to allow more room. I haven't had the courage to do that yet with the new Sebenza. After the first scratch or two, I'm sure I'll be so inclined.

------------------
I'm not nutz, I've just gone sebenza!

Shep

Back