Poljot anyone? (watch)

I think you will be much happier with an Invicta.There is a huge variety, and they use a decent quality japanese automatic movement. Lot of bang for the buck. Poljot watches are very much a hit or miss deal. Give www.ashford.com a try.

Thanks RGRAY, I couldn't remember where I could a review of watches. I have always wanted a Fortis for looks alone. I think the Poljot Aviator is a pretty good copy of the looks but not the performance.

Invicta looks like a great watch, just can't find one I like. I base many decisions on looks alone. Probably not very smart when it concerns keeping time, but I can't help it.

Thanks

Just a few comments.

Rick, thanks for the links, but it's obvious that they don't describe the "Swiss-Aviator" watches in question here. None of the watches in jaiden's link is a chronograph. It seems there is a slight name confusion regarding Poljot. See also this auction on ebay click for what is actually the "Aerowave" model.

For more info check the “New Editions” link under www.poljot.com

From the picture of the back it's clear to see that those are the ubiquitous ETA 2824 movements. Very well made, reliable and precise, they can also be found in more expensive watches. Fortis uses the modified version with the number 2836-2 (it included the day-of-week display) in their “Pilot Professional Automatic” after which the Poljot “Aviator” is modeled. The next step up is the ETA 2893-2 which has a fourth hand coming out of the middle for the 24hrs display, used for the Fortis “Pilot Professional Automatic GMT”

My recommendation: The "Aviators" look very good for the price. I would try them.
Here the Poljot Discussion Board

Try to stay clear of Invicata’s with the Japanese Miyota movements. Those (the movements) are cheaply made (i.e. no ball bearings on the rotor)and shouldn’t be very reliable.

Originally posted by Ralf
Just a few comments.

Rick, thanks for the links, but it's obvious that they don't describe the "Swiss-Aviator" watches in question here. None of the watches in jaiden's link is a chronograph.

Jaiden's link DOES have the chronographs.
You simply need to click the "Chronograph" header.

Hi Jaiden,
I have the Poljot cosmonaut watch. It's pretty cool, very heavy and shiny. I really only wear it as a conversation piece. It has not given me any trouble.

I really like my St Moritz titanium watch for everyday wear-looks good always, is waterproof.

My favorite watch so far though is my casio aq130w-analog face, digital insert with stopwatch,24 hr display 1ooM water resist. etc.) The illuminator function has been very useful as a substitute flashlight!

JB

Back