Polkowski knives

Anybody know a website or something where I can find Al Polkowski's knives? Or does any one have any experiene with them. I know that passed away recently which makes the knives hard to find. Any tips?

Just put your Hook in the Water and be very Patient. Al's knives pop up from time to time

OK thanks. I think I'd be speaking for all of us knife addicts by saying... I'm very impatient lol When you align your sights on a blade you really want, you feel like you need it right now. Ok time to relax and wait. Woosah Woosah

Al's knives were more tactical based. Other forums are closer in tune to this genre than BF, although there are no limitations here.

If you haven't already, you might check out the Jerzee Devil forum as well. Al lived in NJ? I met him at a JD get together once.

Coop

I have always been a fan of Al's knives, especially the Kaspers. For their slim profile and ease of carrying they are a lot of knife. They are becoming much harder to find. i was very sorry to hear of his heart problems and then his passing.

Yep those are the ones I was looking for, the Kasper ones. I train in combatives and he is one of my major influences. Unfortunatly both Polkowski and Kasper both passed away. Everyone is holding onto thier blades and I dont blame them

I heard a Scorpion sold this weekend at The East Coast Custom Knife Show. I have been looking for the Kasper designed Polkowski's too. I have a Companion (and a Polecat even though it wasn't a Kasper design).

I had an order in for a companion but it was too late to hope to ever receive it. I found one on email late one night and thankful that it was a buy it now offer. I bought it up as quick as I could for $250.00! I feel better about that purchase than a kid at Christmas. The few times I have thought about selling it and how much money I could make of it, I just laugh and put it back in my laptop case.

Being close to Al I have several, including two Urban Kukri prototypes. Anyone else ever seen his Urban Kukris?

Being close to Al I have several, including two Urban Kukri prototypes. Anyone else ever seen his Urban Kukris?

Hey MC, no see longtime!

I'd like to see them...I have a Polkowski Sportster with BB blade and black BB micarta handles and kickbutt kydex that Kiah made for me and a satin finished Polecat in black G10, which is a sweet, sweet knife.

Like a lot of makers, Al had great skill, and especially towards the end, significant misfortune.

Best Regards,

STeven Garsson

I've got a few of Al's knives...a "Bandit", "Dingo Fighter" and a wrapped blade in quasi Japanese fashion. Al built some fine knives with nice grinds and interesting handles.

A pal had one of Al's knives on order for my 50th birthday (and one for himself) when Al sadly passed away. I've always thought his knives looked great, but never actually got to handle one.

Jack, these are the three I own. Forgive the old images taken way back when...

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

Those are all cool, Al was an awesome maker. A major influence to me. I never got to meet him in person, but had several long conversations on the phone, I use to ask him stupid questions and he was always patient and cool.

Back