1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Polkowski knives

Discussion in 'Custom & Handmade Knives' started by strongondefense1911, Jan 3, 2012.

1. strongondefense1911

strongondefense1911

Jun 29, 2010
    Anybody know a website or something where I can find Al Polkowski's knives? Or does any one have any experiene with them. I know that passed away recently which makes the knives hard to find. Any tips?

2. stabber

stabber Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 6, 2004
    Just put your Hook in the Water and be very Patient. Al's knives pop up from time to time

3. strongondefense1911

strongondefense1911

Jun 29, 2010
    OK thanks. I think I'd be speaking for all of us knife addicts by saying... I'm very impatient lol When you align your sights on a blade you really want, you feel like you need it right now. Ok time to relax and wait. Woosah Woosah

4. strongondefense1911

strongondefense1911

Jun 29, 2010
    I put in "polkowski knives" into the search bar at least 4 times a day.

5. SharpByCoop

SharpByCoop Enjoying the discussions Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 8, 2001
    Al's knives were more tactical based. Other forums are closer in tune to this genre than BF, although there are no limitations here.

If you haven't already, you might check out the Jerzee Devil forum as well. Al lived in NJ? I met him at a JD get together once.

Coop

6. Add an email address to your profile and I can let you know where there is one for sale.

7. HJK

HJK Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Jun 30, 1999
    I have always been a fan of Al's knives, especially the Kaspers. For their slim profile and ease of carrying they are a lot of knife. They are becoming much harder to find. i was very sorry to hear of his heart problems and then his passing.

8. strongondefense1911

strongondefense1911

Jun 29, 2010
    Yep those are the ones I was looking for, the Kasper ones. I train in combatives and he is one of my major influences. Unfortunatly both Polkowski and Kasper both passed away. Everyone is holding onto thier blades and I dont blame them

9. strongondefense1911

strongondefense1911

Jun 29, 2010
    To Coop

Awesome I'll have to look around. are there any besides Jerzee Devils?

10. Chris Doner

Chris Doner

Jul 30, 2003
    I heard a Scorpion sold this weekend at The East Coast Custom Knife Show. I have been looking for the Kasper designed Polkowski's too. I have a Companion (and a Polecat even though it wasn't a Kasper design).

11. tech6263

tech6263

Dec 25, 2009
    I had an order in for a companion but it was too late to hope to ever receive it. I found one on email late one night and thankful that it was a buy it now offer. I bought it up as quick as I could for $250.00! I feel better about that purchase than a kid at Christmas. The few times I have thought about selling it and how much money I could make of it, I just laugh and put it back in my laptop case.

12. mercop

mercop

Mar 26, 2002
    Being close to Al I have several, including two Urban Kukri prototypes. Anyone else ever seen his Urban Kukris?

13. Kohai999

Kohai999 Second Degree Cutter Platinum Member

Jul 15, 2003
    Hey MC, no see longtime!

I'd like to see them...I have a Polkowski Sportster with BB blade and black BB micarta handles and kickbutt kydex that Kiah made for me and a satin finished Polecat in black G10, which is a sweet, sweet knife.

Like a lot of makers, Al had great skill, and especially towards the end, significant misfortune.

Best Regards,

STeven Garsson

14. Blues

Blues Lapsed SuperMod / Cattle Knife Rustler Staff Member Super Mod

Oct 2, 1998
    I've got a few of Al's knives...a "Bandit", "Dingo Fighter" and a wrapped blade in quasi Japanese fashion. Al built some fine knives with nice grinds and interesting handles.

15. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    A pal had one of Al's knives on order for my 50th birthday (and one for himself) when Al sadly passed away. I've always thought his knives looked great, but never actually got to handle one.

16. Blues

Blues Lapsed SuperMod / Cattle Knife Rustler Staff Member Super Mod

Oct 2, 1998
    Jack, these are the three I own. Forgive the old images taken way back when...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. JBS TOOLMAKER

JBS TOOLMAKER

May 4, 2009
    Those are all cool, Al was an awesome maker. A major influence to me. I never got to meet him in person, but had several long conversations on the phone, I use to ask him stupid questions and he was always patient and cool.

18. mercop

mercop

Mar 26, 2002
    [​IMG][/IMG]

Last edited: Dec 21, 2012
  19. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Very nice Elliott, thanks for posting the pics :)

20. Esav Benyamin

Esav Benyamin MidniteSuperMod Staff Member Super Mod

Apr 6, 2000
    [​IMG]