POLL: Do you like the new SH and BM?

Volvi,

I've been thinking about these handles lately in much the same way. At first blush they seem wild and cool and great choppers but with some gains you also lose. I would not want a bent handled knife, for instance for gutting an animal or doing delicate work that requires control and positioning of the edge uppermost. In a large knife, wouldn't you want as much control as possible since larger knifes are more awkward in the first place for doing delicate work. I suppose after awhile you would adapt to the handle, choke up on the blade, etc. but still, it seems optimized for chopping sub suboptimal for other tasks. The issues you raise about prying and use as a spear are excellent.

These knives seem better suited for a two knife survival scenario than a 1 knife scenario. If I only had one knife, give me a straight handle on it (oh no, I can see legions of khuk owners flaming me already).
smile.gif

------------------
Hoodoo

The low, hoarse purr of the whirling stone—the light-press’d blade,
Diffusing, dropping, sideways-darting, in tiny showers of gold,
Sparkles from the wheel.

Walt Whitman

Personally I got wood when I saw the new models. The question has been asked before, how one can improve upon perfection. I'll be damned if Jerry didn't do it. I think the desert tan handles are the ****! I want my mistress to have them! YEEEEEEEEE! HAAAAAAW!

------------------
If I'm goin down, I'm takin you all with me!

I don't own any Busse knives, and was unable to take advantage of the April Fools Sale as orders are not taken on foreign credit cards and I'm sure I was placed twelth in the names comp
frown.gif

Opinion vary but for all its worth here is mine. I would think the new handle design makes sence for a knife sold on its chopping prowess. Think kukri. Plus thrusting swords have often a cant/angled handle. The new BM's are angled agressively, the Basic's less so. I'm looking forward to reading some comparisons. What I do think is that the kukri angle takes some familiarisation. You would think that the whole British Army would be carrying Kukri's, but they don't. Europian's do like their knives straight as seen by what was carried by adventurters in the past. Knives less than 7 inches in my experience are best left staight. How about a reverse curve Busse?

Back