POLL:WHATS THE BEST TACTICAL FOLDER IN THE WORLD.

The Umfaan
wink.gif

I tend to think of 'tactical' in the same sense as 'baroque' or 'rock and roll' or 'novelle cuisine'... a word that implies a general genre more than an actual definition or function....

Anyway;

1. JW Smith
2. Scott Sawby Utility
3. Carson 4
4. Chameleon
5. Socom / Sebenza

-Michael

Production: SOCOM and Military

Custom: Anything by Terzuola and Lightfoot

------------------
Dexter Ewing
Knife Reviews Moderator

"The keystroke is mightier than the sword"

I would say of the knives I own ...

1) Pocket Hobbit - one tough,ugly SOB. The best handle I've felt.
2) BM 710 Axis - non threatning look, great handle, and a fine very strong lock.
3) CS Gunsite - Large, light and a strong lock.

I'm waiting for the Carnivor, and a axis lock BM AFCK.

wll

The most tactical knives I that I own are (at present) Spyderco Military; Benchmade Sentinal; Spyderco Moran (in slip sheath).
What makes these tactical is that at least two of these are ALWAYS with me. I'm not going to count the other pocket flotsom that also comes along for the ride.
wink.gif

I guess I don't need to discuss the fit, finish etc of these oft described knives. There will soon be some jousting for position in my "stable", as I've got A TK Rinaldi Spook on order, as well as a Police model Spydie and a Simonich Cetan (in Talonite!) (pant lust drool)
Looks like I'll need suspenders to hold it all up ! Ahhh, it's good to be a knifeknut!

[This message has been edited by Brian Lavin (edited 01 April 1999).]

If you work hard enough at it you probably can think of some way of carrying a real knife that would be even slower to use than a folding knife....
smile.gif

There are a number of good ways to carry a real knife, but I'll try not to confuse you with too many choices. Just put it in your front pocket. No, not that way! Put it in the sheath first, then put it in your pocket, sheath and all. If there's any kind of snap retention feature on the sheath, don't snap it. If it's kydex you can either push it off with your thumb or run a short lanyard from the sheath to your belt.

If you don't have a real knife around to experiment with open your folder, make a sheath with cardboard and tape and clip it in your pocket same as always but open this time.

I could explain about other ways to carry a real knife and how to palm a real knife and things like that, but try the pocket carry first. Don't forget to put it in the sheath before you put it in your pocket....
smile.gif

-Cougar Allen :{)

Hello ,

My 2Cents,,,,

I think the debate between Folder or Fixed Blade Speed is Not as Critical Per Chosen Carry Knife as is the PERSONS ability to Train for Fast Presentations with Said Chosen TOOL....with the Position and Carry system that suits your Fancy......im Sure
Mr. Jim Keating Can access and DEploy a fixed blade faster than The guy that just bought a EMERSON custom Folder and has no experiance in said techniques......so i guess The old motto holds True "Train with what you Carry"...and "Carry what you TRAIN with"
Instinctive training and Muscle Memory is far better than "to fold or not to Fold"
anyway thats my opinion..
Thanks Allen Blade

ps...i still like Fixed Blades.....8)

Hello ,

My 2Cents,,,,

I think the debate between Folder or Fixed Blade Speed is Not as Critical Per Chosen Carry Knife as is the PERSONS ability to Train for Fast Presentations with Said Chosen TOOL....with the Position and Carry system that suits your Fancy......im Sure
Mr. Jim Keating Can access and DEploy a fixed blade faster than The guy that just bought a EMERSON custom Folder and has no experiance in said techniques......so i guess The old motto holds True "Train with what you Carry"...and "Carry what you TRAIN with"
Instinctive training and Muscle Memory is far better than "to fold or not to Fold"
anyway thats my opinion..
Thanks Allen Blade

ps...i still like Fixed Blades.....8)

Larry Chew Spitfire
Sebenza
Turzuola Starfighter
Kit Carson med #4
BrianTighe Tac Tanto

BM Pinnicle
BM Axis Lock
Carnivore
Cuda Tanto
BM Sentinal

------------------

have a"knife"day

Agree with AllenBlade's point: Train with what you carry/Carry what you train with.

Having said that:

Front pocket carry: KFF (linerlock but a good one), followed sometimes by the Pinnacle (soon to be replaced by Crawford Carnivore).

Jacket pocket carry: (my hand is always in pocket, late at night, wrapped around the) Native. Dicey situations, KFF goes into jacket pocket.

sing

Maybe it's not exactly tactical per se, but the Sebenza is the best folder I have carried.

Fix blade first choice (Polkowski Pug or Companion). That being said, out of all folders I own, I have only 1 that I would consider tactical, the Crawford KFF. The New Shark soon to come. Your folder and fixed, if you carry both should be as similar in design as possible.

L8r,
Nakano

------------------
"To earn a million is easy, a real friend is not."

Heck that is easy. I would name all knives from 1-5 in all catagors Any of the "Master knives" they rock.

P.S they have never copied any body, everybody has copied them.

------------------
-Greg Johnson
ICQ#4236341

Back