POLL: Which configuration is your current carry for Small model CRK ?

What configuration are you currently carrying your SMALL CRK ? (ANY MODEL)

• With lanyard and With pocket clip

Votes: 19 28.4%
  • With lanyard and No pocket clip.

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Without lanyard and With pocket clip

Votes: 36 53.7%
  • Without lanyard and without pocket clip

Votes: 6 9.0%
  • Without lanyard and without pocket clip

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters
This is what happens when I'm bored and cleaning knives. Don't know if there is a similar poll but figured I'd make one. I find myself often changing and was curious how others carry.
Answer the poll based on how your currently carrying. Let's do it for any SMALL model for now.
Thanks Ken
Edit: sorry for the duplicate on the poll. I can't seem to remove it.

Last edited:
Loose in pocket. I leave the clip on to make the little knife easier to manipulate.

when in doubt go large ! I seem to always carry with pocket clip and no lanyard .

I prefer clip carry for easy one-handed access and lanyards tend to get hung up on things and inadvertently pull the knife out for me. Can't beat that clean look either. I'd probably be more fond of lanyards if I went clipless though.

u9Giv2R.jpg

Iwb at 1'oclock, use fob to pull out from underneath belly... working on losing belly. Finishing up loading premium gas in lead barge.at refinery PhotoPictureResizer_20210611_031226.jpgalthough I no longer do any running from shore patrol or jealous husbands the knife stays secure and I have no concerns about the clip catching on seatbeats or scratching paint etcPhotoPictureResizer_20210611_031109.jpg

Last edited:
I like to carry my knives in pocket slips. I don’t like pocket clips for a few reasons so I don’t use them. Here is a photo of what I carry for an EDC since early December of last year. Everyone is probably sick and tired of seeing my Plain Jane Mnandi by now but it checks all of the right boxes for me.
6KW5Hag.jpg

Last edited:
For my Mnandi it's clip without lanyard.

Clipped to my jeans or clipped in the coin pocket of my suit pants.

For the last couple years I carried the small 21 with a pocket clip and no lanyard mostly loose in pocket as you can probably see from the wear🙂. I recently picked up a sm 31 and will start carrying that in the same way. As for the 21 I'm going to retire it, I removed the clip and added the paw lanyard and will keep it around in a pouch. It has high sentimental value.

smcr1.jpeg

crsm2.jpeg

The first thing I do when getting a new CRK is take off the lanyard. I tried no clip carry, but didn’t care for it.

I like lanyards on my smalls. Gives my little finger something to hang on to while it is dangling over the back edge.

Back