Poll: Which do you prefer, the current or classic handle?

For those of you who have handled or own both, which handle design do you prefer and why?

-Johnny

The classic it is!

Reasons:
- the looks
- the ergonomics

What else is there?

THIS EXACT VERSION PICTURED HERE FOR ME! CLASSIC DOES NOTHING FOR ME! It's just the handle lock area is too plain for my liking and I don't like the engraving of the word CLASSIC or MM on the back side of the handle. I just like the CR LOGO engraved on the handle. From pics I have seen of it, the blade is little different too with not as much belly and less of a swedge.
THE CR LOGO, I DO LIKE VERY MUCH SO! It's like having his signature on the knife! I LOVE IT!

This is my opinion on what Large Sebenza I like .. this pic is my style!
SEBENZAnew.jpg

P.S. No matter what Chris Reeve makes though, I'm sure it will be top notch!
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by Mark W Douglas (edited 03-20-2000).]

For the large size I like the "Classic" handle shape. I too, could do without the word classic and the MM on the new ones. Mines an old one so I don't have to worry. On the small and Umfaan I think the new design makes it more comfortable and gives more room on the handle.

------------------
Paul Davidson

Them:"What's that clipped to your pocket, a beeper?"
Me:"Uuh....yeah, something like that."

Of the two large I have, I prefer the old style handle.
Better looking, easier opening!! Although mine has a clip, there is no bevel to the bottom half of the cutout, and with the clip insert it looks great. And what is wrong with ATS-34, although supposedly not as good as BG-42, it is still widely used,and you know Chris heat treated it right. And though it may have slightly less belly, it is a longer blade.
All in all my favorite knife.
biggrin.gif

I handled the Classic at the ECCKS with Chris, and have to say that I prefer the current handle style, because of its more rounded profile and it is phyiscally smaller. However, I do like the older blade syle, it's just a little more aggresive.

The classis seems a bit "nicer" and has a homey feel
smile.gif
:ccol:

------------------
-Humpty

AKTI Member # A000984
Proverbs 23:2

New Style for me. The smoother, more compact handle design feels much better and is just as easy to operate.

------------------
James Segura
San Francisco, CA

Never mind the handle...

Although I think Sebenzas are both over- rated and priced, I would love to see the Classic blade mated to the current handle. Besides the price, the new-style blade is another thing that puts me off the Seb as a whole.

I handled one a couple of weeks back, and IMO it's too wide, and seems too much like a plain old hunting/skinning knife for my tastes. (I neither hunt nor skin, and I dislike blades with so much belly.)

The Classic blade is so much nicer: sleek and pointy, but the old handle isn't nearly as cool as the new one. I'd still rather own three nice production folders in the BM 730/Emerson CQC class than one plain 'ol Sebenza, though.

PM

I guess it's a good thing that Chris Reeve makes more than one style SEBENZA .... got to catter to the different wants of us SEBENZAholics!

Mark

Old style for the Large Sebenza
New style for the Small Sebenza

But the new style on the large is growing on me!

G2

------------------
"The Road to Hell is Paved with Good Intentions!"
Take the time to read your Bible Now, don't be left behind...

G2 LeatherWorks

In my CR collection I have just 2 Sebenzas - a Tanto large, and an older clipless large. I love the decorated tanto, but I'd have to say that I prefer the clean lines of the older model and the Classic.

Back