Poltava Metallic Bonded CBN Sharpening Stones Review.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hopefully going to be sharpening Monday or Tuesday if I do I will take pictures.

What about the glue holding the stone to the blank will the iron chloride dissolve the glue.

If you have access to iron chloride, you can make the water solution for chemical conditioning of copper-tin bonded stones. Iron chloride will "burn" top thin layer of metal and expose new abrasive particles. I have read that it's a better way of conditioning metallic stones than physical refreshing. We plan to add iron chloride to our product matrix after tests.

What about the glue does it attack the glue as well,what if you tried to brush a little bit of the iron chloride on,if it won't attack the aluminum that much I wouldn't care what it looks like after using the iron chloride.

I think stainless steel blanks as an option would work great and I would JB weld to glue them on.

Looks like it was a bad idea. Iron chloride dissolves aluminum, so the blank looks shitty after first use.

Gritomatic Gritomatic will the Metallic Poltava Diamonds have the same quality as the Metallic CBN in regards to flat aluminum base and pretty much flat out of the box without a necessity to lap. I've gotten a few of the bonded diamonds where the aluminum wobbles on a flat surface and the cutting side needs lapping. There's enough flexibility where it doesn't sharpen even. Really makes me not want to use the bonded diamond plates. On the other hand, the metallic CBN so far has been excellent and meets expectations, worth the extra money for the quality alone, flat aluminum and flat product side.

Gritomatic Gritomatic will the Metallic Poltava Diamonds have the same quality as the Metallic CBN in regards to flat aluminum base and pretty much flat out of the box without a necessity to lap. I've gotten a few of the bonded diamonds where the aluminum wobbles on a flat surface and the cutting side needs lapping. There's enough flexibility where it doesn't sharpen even. Really makes me not want to use the bonded diamond plates. On the other hand, the metallic CBN so far has been excellent and meets expectations, worth the extra money for the quality alone, flat aluminum and flat product side.
Metallic diamonds and Metallic CBNs have very similar flatness because the manufacturer follows the same quality standards for both lines.
Metallic diamond will not be available in 8K grit (4K max), but will be available in insane 500-micron extra coarse grit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back