Poor mans adze

I touch up my box cutter (utility knife) blades. They don't even come that sharp anymore.
Not only are they merely 'somewhat sharp' but you've got to search out specific brands that feature sufficient blade thickness. Numerous budget or no-name brands won't cut or slice straight and break easily because the blades are so thin. It's quite disconcerting to discover this first time around, especially after buying an attractively-priced gross of them.

Last edited:
Not only are they merely 'somewhat sharp' but you've got to search out specific brands that feature sufficient blade thickness. Numerous budget or no-name brands won't cut or slice straight and break easily because the blades are so thin. It's quite disconcerting to discover this first time around, especially after buying an attractively-priced gross of them.
I actually switched to a cheap Mora after my last utility knife at work died because I figured I would probably get a better tool with a longer life for about the same price... assuming you're willing to sharpen it of course.

Back