1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Week 38 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream, going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Pop's Supply

Discussion in 'Shop Talk - BladeSmith Questions and Answers' started by Tom Lewis, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Tom Lewis

Tom Lewis

Feb 24, 2000
    I have ordered from Pop's for many years. I was concerned when his business was sold.
    Well, I just ordered and received a shipment from the new owners. I am very happy to say it is the same good prices, same great service, same quick shipping, and they continue to charge actual postage.
    Congratulations to the new owners. Keep up the good work.

2. Justin Schmidt

Justin Schmidt Schmidt Forge Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 18, 2016
    They're doing awesome work. Only place I order belts from

SBuzek likes this.
  3. KCGGBC

KCGGBC KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 14, 2012
    Top flight outfit. :thumbsup:

4. E.Carlson

E.Carlson KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 28, 2016
    I've been impressed too. I'm also happy that they are expanding their stock. I can get my belts and my rynowet sheets from the same place. Website is a whole lot easier to navigate too.

Justin Schmidt and 12345678910 like this.
  5. timos-

timos- KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 22, 2012
    good to hear

6. luciusx5

luciusx5

Nov 15, 2006
    Yep. New owners are carrying on the Pop's attention to customer service and great prices. Nice guys to deal with!

7. Ken H>

Ken H>

Dec 31, 2011
    Just another vote to say Pop's gave me the same GREAT service as always.

Justin Schmidt likes this.
  8. Don Hanson III

Don Hanson III KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 3, 2002
    I do miss Pop & Kay, but the new guys are doing a fine job.

argel55, SBuzek and Justin Schmidt like this.
  9. Joker66

Joker66 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 20, 2014
    I agree with all the positive comments.
    I just placed a large order with them and Andy went out of his way to make sure I received good service.

10. Mitchell Knives

Mitchell Knives Knifemaker Moderator

May 21, 2000
    I had no idea the business had been sold.

11. Stacy E. Apelt - Bladesmith

Stacy E. Apelt - Bladesmith ilmarinen - MODERATOR Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 20, 2004
    Everyone was severely disappointed when the new owners pulled out of the Harrisonburg show this April to attend a different show. Lots of folks get a years supply of stuff at that show.

Glad to hear that the new folks are keeping up James and Kay's great customer service.

12. Tim Pollack

Tim Pollack KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 24, 2012
    Does anyone know if they have walk in sales? I don’t live too far and would like go check it out.

13. Jarrett Fleming

Jarrett Fleming Moderator Moderator

Jun 5, 2011
    Call the shop I'm sure they'd be happy to have you.

Tim Pollack likes this.
  14. Metalhead0483

Metalhead0483 Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 17, 2008
    I spoke to them at Blade, and they said they did (they are right around the corner from the friend's house I was staying at for the show)

Good guys by the way. I had ordered from them previous to Blade, and will definitely continue to do so after meeting them.

Tim Pollack and Justin Schmidt like this.
  15. Tim Pollack

Tim Pollack KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 24, 2012
    Thx I’ll have to stop by one day.

16. ONeill

ONeill KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 15, 2007
    I miss Kay as well , she was a kick .