1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Possible Giveaway

Discussion in 'JK Handmade Knives' started by ty_higg, Jun 1, 2018.

1. ty_higg

ty_higg Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 16, 2011
    I was making some sheaths last week and I cut one out left handed instead of right handed by accident. I don't have any pictures of it yet and I don't really want to sell this one, so I figured Id give it away on the forum! It fits a Rule #9 perfectly but will not fit a twig mangler due to the thicker handle; I'm not sure what else it would fit since those are the only two larger JKs I have right now. Its a simple pouch style sheath made from 7-9 ounce veg tan leather that I hand pick at Tandy through there stack of shoulders. The belt loop should fit up to a 1 1/2 inch belt but I can double check tonight after work and post some pictures of the finished sheath. Not for sure yet how I would do the giveaway and i'm not for sure how many lefties we have here, but I figured some one might want it and its better than sitting on my work bench not getting any love.

protourist likes this.
  2. ty_higg

Dec 16, 2011
    IMG_2450.JPG IMG_2452.JPG

Found some photos on my phone of the sheath. This was taken before the Tan Kote was applied the only problem with the sheath is where I had a slight can't to my stitching chisels and the 3stiches at the first corner got out of line. I'll post pictures of the finished sheath tonight.

Rob Babcock likes this.
  3. JK Knives

JK Knives Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 6, 2001
    Should also fit a Kephart, Canadian Belt Knife, standard Mud Turtle, and Personal Camp.
    Very generous of you!

Rob Babcock likes this.
  4. ty_higg

Dec 16, 2011
    Awesome I was hoping you could give some insight to what it could possibly fit, and figured I could give something to this great community. Ill post the finished pictures once I'm off work since the Tan Kote changed the color a decent amount and get some measurements up.

5. ty_higg

Dec 16, 2011
    IMG_2637.JPG IMG_2645.JPG IMG_2647.JPG IMG_2648.JPG IMG_2649.JPG

So here is the actual finished sheath the color is saddle tan and the belt loop can accept up to a 2" plus belt. I'll probably just make a new thread or edit this one to start the giveaway. I'll even make a dangler if the winner wants one with a removable D ring since I'll be ordering a couple this week.

Phill50 likes this.
  6. Simplejack

Simplejack

Dec 28, 2017
    I like it!!

7. protourist

protourist "Ratis necque navale enavigat" Platinum Member

Aug 19, 2007
    I like it, too. Great looking correct handed sheath.

1066vik and greatscoot like this.
  8. JK Knives

Mar 6, 2001
    I like it!

9. RayseM

RayseM Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Please, please give it to this man so he can stop complaining :confused: :D

I'd say you "whole ass" that one thing and made a real beauty that someone will be happy to own. You could easily sell it. Very nice of you to offer it in a GAW. :cool:

Ray

10. JK Knives

Mar 6, 2001
    Hanna is "wrong handed" too.

Mtblair and protourist like this.
  11. mykel m

mykel m Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Poor girl.;)

Good looking sheath BTW.

protourist likes this.