Post pictures of your Emersons here!

I was down to zero Emersons, which just didn't feel right. So I picked up a 2014 Super Commander, and boy do the specs not fully convey what a titan this knife is in person! :D

U2did0f.jpg

I was down to zero Emersons, which just didn't feel right. So I picked up a 2014 Super Commander, and boy do the specs not fully convey what a titan this knife is in person! :D

U2did0f.jpg

Indeed, like the Roadhouse, the Super is my favorite size in those models.

Added the Grey G-10 Kwaiken to the collection. Nice companion piece to the Tanto. Same thick G-10 and satin clip, but with satin hardware in the other spots.

Anyone (someone will) know who the Grey Kwaiken run was for?
IMG_5143.jpg

The Grey Kwaiken was a run for Ye Ole Cutlery and Gifts Shop. If you get tired of that kwaiken, let me know =) Been trying to collect the Wolf Grey G10 Emersons.

Just got this older 2004 cqc7. It feels very different from the newer cqc7s I’ve owned. I’ve owned about 6 other cqc7 not including my HD7 but this is the oldest one yet.

For one thing it has twin titanium liners. It has a thinner locking liner. The edges around the g10 are chamfered. The g10 feels less textures but that might just be wear. (Don’t think that’s the case though as even under the clip it is relatively light texturing)

Also does anyone know if Emerson always used real g10? It may be the texture but for some reason it almost feels like faux g10 on this old girl.

TbwAuN1.jpg

Your handle material looks identical to all my 2004 and older models. I'm pretty sure it's real g10 because I can see the fiber glass on spots where I've damaged the scales. On yours, I can see the fibers in the lanyard hole. The domed pivot screws on these older models are my favorite.

Your handle material looks identical to all my 2004 and older models. I'm pretty sure it's real g10 because I can see the fiber glass on spots where I've damaged the scales. On yours, I can see the fibers in the lanyard hole. The domed pivot screws on these older models are my favorite.

I acually kind of like the wider flathead slot on the newer pivots abit better. All that is relatively unimportan.

An older feature I really miss is the backspacers. I think they are way better on an Emerson than those standoffs they started using.

I too miss the old thumbnailtorquewrench pivot screws.

An older feature I really miss is the backspacers. I think they are way better on an Emerson than those standoffs they started using.
Agreed. If I can find a version with a backspacer I will always pick that first. Although, I do get why some folks prefer the standoffs (less of a lint trap).

Agreed. If I can find a version with a backspacer I will always pick that first. Although, I do get why some folks prefer the standoffs (less of a lint trap).

Honestly I don’t find it any harder to use a q tip to scoop out the inside of a backspacker model.

But the main reason I like the backspacer is the butt of a backspacered Emerson makes an excellent hammer jn the kitchen.

For example I have some pink rock salt that is often in fairly large pieces; way bigger than I need them. I can wrap some in a paper towel and bash them with the butt of my Emerson and Voila! The standoff models suck at this.

The older ones are G10. Ive got an '01 and its similar. I love the domed scale screws too. Yours still have the black finish as that wears off on domed screws, and none of your screw heads are cammed out which i see a lot of on older models. Good score!

I took some older worn finish domed scale screws and put them them in this '12 for some character, so you can see how they wear.

No clip and 3000 grit finish to the scales for pocket drop carry. Sometimes a clip is more trouble than its worth bumping into and scratching stuff.

I also use my backspacer as a hammer :thumbsup:

naoOzvf.jpg

D6FNIT9.jpg

t83MVPp.jpg

The older ones are G10. Ive got an '01 and its similar. I love the domed scale screws too. Yours still have the black finish as that wears off on domed screws, and none of your screw heads are cammed out which i see a lot of on older models. Good score!

I took some older worn finish domed scale screws and put them them in this '12 for some character, so you can see how they wear.

No clip and 3000 grit finish to the scales for pocket drop carry. Sometimes a clip is more trouble than its worth bumping into and scratching stuff.

I also use my backspacer as a hammer :thumbsup:

naoOzvf.jpg

D6FNIT9.jpg

t83MVPp.jpg

I honestly think that standoffs are a little out of place looking on an Emerson.

Back