Post up your 4-5" Bushcraft blades

LMT66

Gold Member
There was a recent thread for small bushcraft blades and I'd like to see what you all have in the 4-5" blade length. I've seen some interesting blades in different posts here but one dedicated thread will be easier for all to see.

Show and Tell time!

Here's my number 1, the Fallkniven H1

FallknivenH1.jpg

Finecurls1.jpg

Here's my number 2. the Fallkniven TK2

TK21.jpg

Strippingbark21.jpg

Kind regards
Mick

I have to only post stock photos. But here they are

1118.jpg

19994285-1-500_500.jpg

The helle is brand new and i have yet to get to test it in the field. Razor sharp.

The M2K has done alot for me and i am quite happy w/ it.

Next up is a mora in carbon!

Too much ss in my scandi's :D

Here is a couple I really like.

The Breeden Prevail knife is one I got too use for a few days for fore it went to its new owner Jason Breeden, Yep the same Jason Breeden that works with TOPS knives and Spyderco:D.

IMG_0575.jpg

IMG_0572-1.jpg

IMG_0574-1.jpg

I got to play with that knife before it shipped out to Jason.

I also like the Deweese pattern knife to.

IMG_0454.jpg

IMG_0464.jpg

Bryan

I have to only post stock photos. But here they are

1118.jpg

19994285-1-500_500.jpg

The helle is brand new and i have yet to get to test it in the field. Razor sharp.

The M2K has done alot for me and i am quite happy w/ it.

Next up is a mora in carbon!

Too much ss in my scandi's :D

Is that Helle full tang? Anyone have a review of it?

Here's my British-made Bushcrafter by A.Wright & Son.Sheffield.
PB300962.jpg

Here it is with a few bush buddies...
PA280879.jpg

BRKT Aurora and BHK Bushcrafter.

This is a very unusual design Bryan, can ya tell us what your thoughts were for the design ?

IMG_0575.jpg

The Camp Master is hand made by me, it is 1/8" 1095 with a 10 degree scandi grind. It is edge quenched and triple tempered. The cutting edge is 4 & 3/8 and 9" overall. The blade is 1 & 1/4" wide at the widest point. This one works very well. I got the wood with this knife in mind it is Bocote. Doug

A few shots of the Camp Master
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

one I made about a year ago, used it quite a bit canoeing last summer. 3/32" 1095 with scandi-vex edge. red linen micarta scales. dangler sheath.

232323232%7Ffp6327%3A%3Enu%3D3349%3E%3B93%3E292%3EWSNRCG%3D33%3C6%3B9%3A888337nu0mrj

Some of mine....

P1000914.jpg

4 inch Alan Wood Damasteel Woodlore with white micarta grips and red liners

100_0023-1.jpg

4 inch Alan Wood Woodlore in 01 steel and Birds Eye Maple grips

P1000910.jpg

5 inch Mick Hill bushcrafter in 01 steel and Spalted Beech grips with black liners.

P1000900.jpg

4 inch Steven Wade Cox Bushcraft Knife in 01 steel and Iroko wood grips

100_0074-1.jpg

4 inch Mick Wardell Bushcrafter in damascus tool steel and Tasmanian Burr grips with black liners

100_0395.jpg

5 inch Hattori Cowry X Damascus and Sambar Antler grips with a nickel silver bolster

100_0196-1-1.jpg

4 inch (nearly) Hiro Itou Bushcrafter in R2 Damascus and Sambar Antler grips with a nickel silver bolster and red liners

100_0077-1.jpg

5 inch Hiro Itou in R2 Damascus and Big Horn Sheep grips with a nickel silver guard and red liners

P1000832.jpg

5 inch S5LE in Infi by Scrapyard Knives with Res C "Mudder" grips

100_0550.jpg

5 inch Ratmandu in SR101 steel ( 52100 steel with proprietary heat treatment) by Swamprat Knives with black G10 grips.

Did'nt mean to start a collection of knives....but there ya go....they all get used but some photo's are just after receiving them new...

Nice one bondy....who did it and what is the steel ? I like the grind on that one....

Hi all,

Pitdog, yea is is a little different. When Jason contacted me and asked if I would be interested in making his knife design last year, I was like sure.

When I got it done, I was like yea this is a cool design. I was very pleased with it and the handle is one of the best I have ever held and used.

Deffently in the top ten that I have ever held and used.

It cut and carved just fine. I used it in the kitchen too and for a paring knife it was awesome.

When I get some time and inbetween orders I am going to make me one, just to have on hand and to show people when they come to the shop.

I will be working on a couple more for him this year. Jason does not make knives.
He designs knives ( for TOPS Knives and Syderco) what he likes and then heads to the woods in his area and trys them out.

Bryan

Here are some good JK knives that seem to work well for Bushcraft and most other jobs. I don't think anyone builds a better knife. I also have a couple Dandy Breeden Bush knives.

Attachments

• JK knives 006KL.jpg
    JK knives 006KL.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 244
great looking blades folks... please keep the pics coming...:thumbup:

here's a few of mine...:D

BCNW-01 and BHK "boat tail scandi"..

IMG_6814.jpg

Ray Laconico kephart style knife..

IMG_5275-1.jpg

Mark Wohlwend drop point bushcrafter..

IMG_4792.jpg

David Farmer full tang scandi-ish.. (a little shorter than 4 in.)

IMG_4043.jpg

Koyote bushcrafter..

IMG_3941.jpg

Back