1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Post Up Your NEW Gear ...

Discussion in 'Outdoor Gear, Survival Equipment & More' started by KuRUpTD, Mar 14, 2012.

1. JV3

JV3 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 17, 2010
    will do.

2. BladeScout

BladeScout Basic Member Basic Member

May 16, 2010
    Thank you.
    I remembered stumbling over something similar once and finally got tired of the crushed matchboxes, so I made one:)

bralexander likes this.
  3. JV3

Mar 17, 2010
    i finally found a kuksa that i like - large capacity (12 oz) and doesn't have finger holes :)

[​IMG]

bore and taldesta like this.
  4. caine

caine

Nov 9, 2003
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

JV3 and bore like this.
  5. BladeScout

BladeScout Basic Member Basic Member

May 16, 2010
    When going minimalistic, I got fed up with having my eating utensil floating around in the pocket of the smock, so I made a kydex spork holder.
    Here my slightly wonky first try;
    [​IMG]
    Works just fine.

Im considering refinining the design and market it as the T. S.N. S "Tactical Spork Neck Sheath." The Mantis knife fans will eat it up! (see what I did there:D) ;)
    [​IMG]

flatblackcapo and Pomsbz like this.
  6. tiguy7

tiguy7 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 25, 2008
    67A4D861-D6FA-440C-9AB2-49EC66C80D2D.jpeg Picked up a Titanium ice pick. It’s good for stabbing hors d’oeurvres and roasting marshmallows.

7. JV3

Mar 17, 2010
    keith titanium 1.0 liter kettle.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. leghog

leghog

Aug 10, 2013
    Snow stake in lieu of trowel. 1 oz and only $2.95.

[​IMG]

taldesta likes this.
  9. leghog

leghog

Aug 10, 2013
    Snow Peak Titanium bowl which will become my stove pot. 1.6 oz.
    [​IMG]

10. JV3

Mar 17, 2010
    toaks titanium 450, 750 and fry pan...i already washed and boiled water in that fry pan by the way...it doesn't look used like that from toaks :)

the usual complaint about toaks is their loose fitting lids so that's why i've stayed away from them for a long time...i'm glad to see they finally fixed that issue as mine won't flip at all no matter how hard or where i tap them...i always wanted a bail on my titanium pots so now i can get rid of my mors pots and heavy cover cup :)

[​IMG]

ilten likes this.
  11. JV3

Mar 17, 2010
    toaks 1100 ml pot.

[​IMG]

taldesta likes this.
  12. leghog

leghog

Aug 10, 2013
    New fuel bottle for the camp kitchen/cook set. Repurposed. Used to contain some sort of eye solution.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 30, 2019
    315 likes this.
  13. oldmanron

oldmanron

Jun 19, 2012
    Double post.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
  14. oldmanron

oldmanron

Jun 19, 2012
    Double post.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
  15. oldmanron

oldmanron

Jun 19, 2012
    Double post

16. oldmanron

oldmanron

Jun 19, 2012

17. JV3

Mar 17, 2010
    opinel no. 8 garden knife...i wish it was carbon steel like my other no. 8 but for me this has a much better blade and handle shape so i'll tolerate the stainless for now.

[​IMG]

opinel no. 102...i think i found my grail paring knife - checks all the boxes for me including carbon steel :D

[​IMG]

compared to the victorinox stainless which i've used for years...i hate that it doesn't patina - i don't like knives that always look new.

[​IMG]

taldesta and mewolf1 like this.
  18. bobe01

bobe01 Basic Member Basic Member

Oct 27, 2012
    Those no 102s look so nice. Adding them to my next knife order

JV3 likes this.
  19. leghog

leghog

Aug 10, 2013
    I didn't make it. I bought it. Off Etsy. It's lighter than what comes with the Trangia Mini and can be used with any number of alky stoves.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/242741...2UkkAaywxxmsKd9CnsWZwRSAp0_d0ZSRoCPFEQAvD_BwE

I may ditch the Trangia spirit burner and stand all together and get a WhiteBox stove.

I don't carry a separate bowl and cooking pot. My pot is my bowl. I do carry a separate lidded cup (empty soup-on-the-go can) so I can drink coffee while using the pot on the stove for something else. I'm also replacing the Trangia mini pot with a Snow Peaks titanium bowl as a pot. It will handle 2 cups of water and the Trangia mini pot holder works fine with it. Time will tell if this is a permanent change or if I go back to using the Trangia mini aluminum pot.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 30, 2019
  20. oldmanron

oldmanron

Jun 19, 2012
    T
    Thank you ... it looks like an elegant little design.