Post Up Your NEW Gear ...

Discussion in 'Outdoor Gear, Survival Equipment & More' started by KuRUpTD, Mar 14, 2012.

1. leghog

leghog

Aug 10, 2013
    U.S. Army M1938 lensatic compass. Later model which is induction damped (white bowl) from Superior Magneto.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. John A. Larsen

John A. Larsen

Jan 15, 2001
    Nice Compass from Nov 1949! John

leghog likes this.
  3. leghog

leghog

Aug 10, 2013
    Wittnauer USAAC/USAAF survival kit pocket compass from 1941. I recently bought this from the Salvation Army. My wife confiscated it. I won't see it again until Christmas. Didn't even get a chance to clean it up. I was lucky to just get the pics.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 29, 2019
    315 and John A. Larsen like this.
  4. John A. Larsen

John A. Larsen

Jan 15, 2001
    leg hog, I just left you a short message on your profile page. John

5. leghog

leghog

Aug 10, 2013
    John, sent you an email.

6. JV3

JV3

Mar 17, 2010
    canada goose langford (for street) and expedition (for the woods)...the expedition i like all the pockets to stash my stuff in but it might be too hardcore for my environment (not to mention it's crazy heavy) :eek:

if we don't get hit with another polar vortex soon i might have to exchange it for another langford or a patagonia frozen range parka (specs states it's waterproof not just resistant)...anyone have experience with that patagonia? i know they also have the grade vii (packed to the max with down) but my hi-loft's dwr let me down last winter and needed a hard shell over it to keep the rain off (and i want a more durable fabric resistant to brushing against shrubs and stuff) so i'm wanting a more waterproof fabric to begin with.

[​IMG]

mndart and bore like this.
  7. bore

bore

May 20, 2015
    No need for a sleeping bag w that lol one of these days I'll get one. Perfect tree stand coat

JV3 likes this.
  8. JV3

JV3

Mar 17, 2010
    pair it up with an insulated pants and boots and you'll be set!

i'm a very loyal patagonia fan so it saddens me to say there really isn't anything they have that's comparable to canada goose's expedition (will test their frozen range parka vs. cg's langford eventually though)...patagonia's high-end high-loft down parkas is purely designed for mountain climbers...nothing really for us woods bums that require withstanding the brush against the occasional thorn bushes or branches and stuff.

mndart and bore like this.
  9. leghog

leghog

Aug 10, 2013
    Went Goodwill thrift store hopping on Black Friday. Picked up an RTIC lowball mug for 30 cents and an enameled camp mug for 99 cents.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 7, 2019
    mndart, 315 and taldesta like this.
  10. JV3

JV3

Mar 17, 2010
    kifaru sawtooth with liner, poles and pegs.

[​IMG]

kifaru medium box stove.

[​IMG]

exped downmat xp 9 lw.

[​IMG]

it was 2+ years ago that i switched to a hammock setup and sold my supertarp. this no snow/always raining weather made me miss how a stove minimizes wood used to keep it going.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2020
    creativeguy, crossada, bore and 2 others like this.
  11. mndart

mndart Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 16, 2004
    Hawke Endurance ED 8x32 and old school Taylor Leedawl 1930's
    Hawke Taylor.jpg

315, bore and taldesta like this.
  12. Mikel_24

Mikel_24

Sep 19, 2007
    All of my latest gear is climbing related and power tools... lol. A nice pair of 2019 Petzl Nomics on Black Friday, some fleece garments (Power Stretch Pro) , Milwakee battery drill and impact... nothing I could relate to this thread!

Mikel

JV3 likes this.
  13. Melvin-Purvis

Melvin-Purvis Not a Registered User Staff Member Super Mod

Jan 14, 2001
    I've been hitting up all the local pawnshops, thrift stops, and local auctions for smalls to fill out kits. Binos, stoves, saws, multi-tools, cookware and so on. About $100 so far, but so much good, quality gear on the cheap.

JV3 likes this.
  14. 22-rimfire

22-rimfire Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Most of my new gear has been photography related in the last couple of months. The last hiking item I purchased was a small compass to keep in my usual carry bag/pack on hikes just in case and I leave the larger compasses at home. I mostly need a nudge or confirmation on my directions and this provides that. I really like the National Geographic topo maps that are available for the areas I tromp since they have the trails marked. I view them as kind of expensive, but they last.

Melvin-Purvis and JV3 like this.
  15. Melvin-Purvis

Melvin-Purvis Not a Registered User Staff Member Super Mod

Jan 14, 2001
    In keeping with my buy quality gear on the cheap theme; like-new 16oz stainless steel mug thrift store find from a few days ago. .50 cents; I added the paracord wrap.

Cuisinart.jpg

The thumb print is mine, too...

JV3 likes this.
  16. jeepin

jeepin Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2003

That’s a great idea with the Paracord. I will have to do that with mine.

Melvin-Purvis likes this.