Post You Ratmandu Pics!

I had to start this thread as I am totally stoked to finally have one of these custom Swamp Rat's in my hands. I absolutely love this knife, plan to have a nice sheath built for it and use and showoff for the rest of my duration... Please post more RMD pics here!

dtoad_rmd1.jpg

Man that's nice . . . CongratZ -- mine is on it's way too. Black on Black Ratmandu CG

Man that's nice . . . CongratZ -- mine is on it's way too. Black on Black Ratmandu CG

Your first RMD as well? Great value, and well worth the wait IMHO.

Post us a pic when you have it.....

Your first RMD as well? Great value, and well worth the wait IMHO.

Post us a pic when you have it.....

Thanks man! -- Definitely will do. I also have the Muddy Rodent 3 on the way. I'm sending it in to Jared Miller for a Paw Paw sheath for that one and Dave Brown is making me a sheath for the Ratmandu CG -- Exciting times!

My custom shop RMD with custom Kydex.

Bit of dog hair or something on the sheath in the second pic. Now set up with a Blade-Tech IWB Loop.

My Ratmandu, in blue/black G10 (with kydex)

with my green/black Rodent 6

dtoad: that one of yours- is it black and tan G-10 ? Such a nice knife you got there, congrats :thumbup:

Among those of mine- this is my favorite RatManDu:

6iRqTHMl.jpg
dSwFeyal.jpg

v8BicmRl.jpg
Yk2ro6tl.jpg

dtoad.... that is a fantastic picture !!! What gear are you using ??? The Minister of War and Finances (Mrs Andy) approved a new camera last night so I have the bug at the moment ... ;)

Some old pics rehashed...

Black_TankerRMD.jpg

Tan_TanRMD.jpg

RMDs.jpg

SatinRMD.jpg

RatFamily.jpg

Agree with Andy, that you dtoad, are having fantastic pics.- but yours Andy are pretty good as well :thumbup:

I got bored with my "old" pics and decided to do a cpl of new shots (using iphone 4s):

Enjoy :)

QlZUpM3l.jpg
6be7GHnl.jpg

1RslhhWl.jpg
r3GY08Fl.jpg

SP8dziN.jpg

My custom shop RMD with custom Kydex.

Bit of dog hair or something on the sheath in the second pic. Now set up with a Blade-Tech IWB Loop.

Is that bowie grind the "standard" bowie variant from the Custom Shop, or did you specify how you wanted it ? Me like :thumbup:

My custom shop RMD with custom Kydex.Bit of dog hair or something on the sheath in the second pic. Now set up with a Blade-Tech IWB Loop.

Thanks for posting. Sweet CF Kydex sheath. Hey question, I'm new to the SR knifes, can you tell me more about that style of custom blade? Love it!

dtoad: that one of yours- is it black and tan G-10 ? Such a nice knife you got there, congrats :thumbup:

Hey thank you, yes it is the B/T G-10.

I'm drooling over your custom serrated version. WOW!

dtoad.... that is a fantastic picture !!! What gear are you using ??? The Minister of War and Finances (Mrs Andy) approved a new camera last night so I have the bug at the moment ... ;)

Some old pics rehashed...

Andy, thanks for posting. impressive collection to say the least. That 1st picture you posted is money.

That pic I posted, was a hand held shot, quick and dirty, with a canon 135 2.0L lens.

Gents, I simply asked for a non-sharpened Bowie clip... This was almost exactly what I was after. Good belly with a very, very acute tip. It started life as a CG RMD with black paper scales and gray coated blade, saber ground. I requested it be reground to FFG & clip point, edge thinned out, choil opened up a wee bit, stripped and recoated black, and Black G10 scales added. Exceedingly comfortable in hand, extremely lightweight and comfortable to carry. Only slight changes I would make is bring the tip down a wee bit so it is in-line with the centerline of the knife, and would have asked for the logo to be coated over but visible if stripped. Kydex by GrinderMcGee, a friend of mine who does excellent work. I do not pry or baton with my blades, this one is a fixed EDC/hunting blade, also legal to carry in the city closest to my hometown where I cannot carry any locking folders:( Thank yall for the compliments, this is my first custom of any kind and now I understand why folks are so proud of their customs.

Last edited:
No locking folders, but a fixed blade is ok :rolleyes:

Ill never understand these type things. But in your case id be happy, i much prefer a fixed blade for pretty much everything.

Back