Post your 165's!

Yes, do a spot top-coat of brown Fiebings leather sole dressing, let it dry and then buff it back down. It already looks much improved over the as-received appearance.

O.K. Codge I'll bite..do you mean Mexican Schrade or Imperial Mexico collection?.....Hoo Roo......and no!... Jamo is not my love child.......before someone asks......!

Dadda DL Swade Swade

Last edited:
165OT
003-1-1.jpg

006-1-1.jpg

021-1.jpg

Yeah, well thanks Codg! I didn't mean make me drool on my keyboard! :D

The first one, what is the wood, and is it a rehandle? The sheath is gorgeous also. Looks maybe to have been polished? Very nice. :thumbup:

The wood isn't a rehandle. It is a LTD edition of some sort, without the identifying etch or shield. It could have been a sample for DU or who knows, I don't. It came to me during the heydays of the factory inventory sale circa 2005/06. Maybe you can tell me what wood it is.

29xw11e.jpg

208zfvq.jpg

Nice one! Norm knew a winner when he ordered those knives! Known serial number ranges in my records so far are #00160-#02984. That makes them 1966-67 production exclusively so far. Numbers of Shikari ordered is unknown, however, since records of Norm Thompson's order have not surfaced, and these serials seem to be drawn from regular production blades with Shikari shields substituted for the Old Timer shields and, of course, those killer stone pocket sheaths which were likely the precursor of the slightly later 165UH, 153UH and 171UH sheaths.

saw this item and before i jump in was wondering if the handle had been changed. have never seen a 165 with this done to the handle. but it does not clean so might be a factory thing.

Attachments

• 165 question.jpg
    165 question.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 28
Buy it if you like it, but the handle scales have been grooved and sanded by a previous owner (note grooving into rivet head). Altered knives usually don't bring much interest or money from collectors, so it might go cheap.

no didn't really like it that much was more curious about the handle and to see if it were some variation i had not seen. don't really like the colour of it anyway.

Buy it if you like it, but the handle scales have been grooved and sanded by a previous owner (note grooving into rivet head). Altered knives usually don't bring much interest or money from collectors, so it might go cheap.

Back