Post your Arno Bernard Pic's!

Updated a "beauty shot" of the little Meerkat. I love the looks of this so much it's the one knife I own that hasn't been used to cut anything.
original.jpg

This arrived today, mirror like finish on the blade, as you can see; ArnoBernardKnives ArnoBernardKnives iMamba folder, package was well packed and a thoughtful piece of cardboard laid below the tape cutting line so as to prevent you from slicing anything within the box, very good idea.

Untitled by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

I like their fob on the folder but I prefer a bit larger knot and just a smidge further away from the end of the handle, so I will carefully untie it and it looks tied quite well, I'm impressed with their knotting skills

Thanks guys, very nice folder. I know some feel the detent could be a little stiffer, but I have no complaints regarding that, perhaps I just open things different than most ;)
G2

"....one half hour later..."
I did not want to just cut that lanyard off, untying it proved to be a chore within itself as it was tied TIGHT and the leather they used is really very strong, but I finally worked the knot free and will proceed to make one as I often do ;)
So, be aware folks, you do NOT need to untie the knot, my curiosity about their knot drove me to untie it, but, you can just slip the lanyard out of the hole

Last edited:
Ah, well, a bit too late as she's all undone and the next person, hopefully there isn't a next person, will contend with tying it up once again ;)
G2

Here's the new lanyard, using some 700 lb paracord in Kelly Green, a wide diamond knot, a Viking Rune bead followed by three snake knots and then a small copper keeper bead, it helps to keep those snakes under control ;)

Tied through the one side that has the pocket clip, so as to keep the overall thickness of the handle to a minimum.

and a whipping knot to keep the lanyard from flopping around as well, using green 1.2mm tiger thread

G2

Last edited:
Whichever one of you ties those lanyards, they are quite involved and super tight and that leather is very strong! But one thing that I am known for is tying lanyards, just something that I like to do and my latest arrangement of knots, for me, flows very well for a knife lanyard, you can hook your pinky around to draw the knife quickly. But, isn't there always one of those? ;) But they are the kind that need to be tied onto the knife proper, can't attach after the fact so I wouldn't be able to send something to you.

And your lanyard, I focused on the knot and did not notice that it was a slip through thingy on the knife...duh! but then, I focused on the knot and so I approached removing it from there, not so clever am I :( but, it showed just HOW tough your knot is and strong that leather is as well.

G2

Whichever one of you ties those lanyards, they are quite involved and super tight and that leather is very strong! But one thing that I am known for is tying lanyards, just something that I like to do and my latest arrangement of knots, for me, flows very well for a knife lanyard, you can hook your pinky around to draw the knife quickly. But, isn't there always one of those? ;) But they are the kind that need to be tied onto the knife proper, can't attach after the fact so I wouldn't be able to send something to you.

And your lanyard, I focused on the knot and did not notice that it was a slip through thingy on the knife...duh! but then, I focused on the knot and so I approached removing it from there, not so clever am I :( but, it showed just HOW tough your knot is and strong that leather is as well.

G2
Yes we use kangaroo leather. It is very durable. The only downside is you need to the knife. That is why we use our method so we can loop it through the knife after it is done. Luckily someone will read this and remove their lanyard by the loop. Thank you for sharing. Will look into it and maybe do a few customs like this.

Back