Post your Becker knives pics here

YAYZKivh.jpg

FxLwGGqh.jpg

What a grear

looking pair of BK62. Is the top one patina or just the angle and light of the picture?
Thanks! It's a white vinegar patina. I put it on because the natural patina through use wasn't going on evenly enough to really protect the whole knife from the nasty type of rust like I wanted. Even after a couple days worth of use though, it is developing its own character:

2n6XUJ1h.jpg

qv2g8c5h.jpg

That really is great looking.

How long did you soak the blade?

Do you know if apple cider vinegar would create a darker finish or about the same?

That really is great looking.

How long did you soak the blade?

Do you know if apple cider vinegar would create a darker finish or about the same?
I didn't soak it. I used a method I read about years ago somewhere on here, I think in the traditional subforum. Heat up some vinegar (it will smell) and after you decontaminate the blade, wipe it down constantly with a cotton ball (or similar) until you get the desired darkness you want. Took maybe 15-20 minutes of just wiping it down with hot vinegar. Not sure what a different type of vinegar would do. The key is just to constantly keep vinegar moving over the entire blade evenly. If you mess up it is easy to just flitz it off and start over. Of course YMMV!

I didn't soak it. I used a method I read about years ago somewhere on here, I think in the traditional subforum. Heat up some vinegar (it will smell) and after you decontaminate the blade, wipe it down constantly with a cotton ball (or similar) until you get the desired darkness you want. Took maybe 15-20 minutes of just wiping it down with hot vinegar. Not sure what a different type of vinegar would do. The key is just to constantly keep vinegar moving over the entire blade evenly. If you mess up it is easy to just flitz it off and start over. Of course YMMV!
Great. Thank you for the information. I had just watched a video but they guy let the blade soak in vinegar bath.

Yeah, and just remember, you can always leave the coating on under the scales, in case you don't wanna worry about rust.

Or maybe I’ll just try first on my uncoated blade.
If you clean your blade with alcohol first and even keeping your finger prints off seems to help with fast and even results. You can just wipe with a vinegar soaked paper towel. Keep wiping till your happy with the shade. Patina will forever change with use. Have fun with it :thumbsup: definitely keep the coating under the scales :thumbsup::thumbsup:
23DCE70A-0515-428B-8517-E6BE89842A9B.jpeg

Last edited:
If you clean your blade with alcohol first and even keeping your finger prints off seems to help with fast and even results. You can just wipe with a vinegar soaked paper towel. Keep wiping till your happy with the shade. Patina will forever change with use. Have fun with it :thumbsup: definitely keep the coating under the scales :thumbsup::thumbsup:
View attachment 1360001
Great advice and great looking knife. Thank you for the help.

Are those stock scales or something else they look darker than the brown scales that came with my BK16?

Great advice and great looking knife. Thank you for the help.

Are those stock scales or something else they look darker than the brown scales that came with my BK16?
Thank You and your Wellcome :thumbsup: They are stock scales . The tweener Micarta that I’ve received have never fit good IMO so I sand em to fit the steel and that removes the fuzzy stuff. They darken with use and I use mineral oil occasionally on the steel and that always gets on the scales as well probably tends to darken em :)
The newer Tweener micarta may now have a better fit as the large KA-BAR micarta fits well now :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:
Thanks and yes the knife looks great. I do have a the black and brown scales that came with my BK16 ffg but I had also ordered a set of micarta handles for it but I haven’t installed them.

Back