Post your Charred Oak Beer Scout # Here.

I found mine by going threw the list of GEC's distributors . Worked my way down the list and got lucky and found one dealer on the whole list that still had a couple and they were only a few hours from me and placed the order . Snagged one and they were sold out hours later . Got lucky and got a keeper to . Posted earlier in the thread #108 and couldn't be happier as most are on the list .

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I updated my original post with this picture:

View attachment 677790

I have a really quick question though, is this sticker with the bar code from GEC or is this put on there from the dealer? It's no big deal at all but I'm only asking because if it is from the dealer I may see if it peels off but if it is directly from GEC I'm not touching it. Thanks for the help!

View attachment 677792

I'm really happy with this run, excellent job from GEC!

I updated my original post with this picture:

View attachment 677790

I have a really quick question though, is this sticker with the bar code from GEC or is this put on there from the dealer? It's no big deal at all but I'm only asking because if it is from the dealer I may see if it peels off but if it is directly from GEC I'm not touching it. Thanks for the help!

View attachment 677792

I'm really happy with this run, excellent job from GEC!

That's a dealer bar code sticker. They do not ship from GEC with that sticker.

I doubled down and picked up #45 too. I really like these covers and the serial number is meaningful to me.

Wharn looks great you got a nice one 👍
Loose the sticker on the tube though before it's too hard to get off 😎

I doubled down and picked up #45 too. I really like these covers and the serial number is meaningful to me.

I thought all dealers were sold out from GEC's distributors list ? Did you score one on the block " second hand market " if you don't mind me asking and feel free to shoot me a pm 😊

Thanks for posting everyone, I love the pictures and the variation they have. If I miss a post please shoot me a PM or Visitor Message. I'll try to update daily.

I find this interesting and appreciate everyone's input:cool::thumbup:

Thanks for posting everyone, I love the pictures and the variation they have. If I miss a post please shoot me a PM or Visitor Message. I'll try to update daily.

I find this interesting and appreciate everyone's input:cool:[emoji106]
Thank you Paul for making this thread happen and what a great idea 👍

Thanks for posting everyone, I love the pictures and the variation they have.

I was thinking the same thing as I looked through this thread, Paul. Getting to see the variation in these, epsecially consolidated all in one place, is great! (Nice idea for a thread! ;))

Here is mine, #170. Very happy with it! :D

1498295E-0C5D-4093-BA4F-68D7EEF44465.jpg

Gaaah I had the jump on one but xmas spending made mincemeat of that idea. Thanks be because I had to put new tyres on today.
Winners all.

I have a #33 charred oak Beer barrel knife that I bought last week. One small issue though...the knife I received is NOT charred oak, but is a maroon linen micarta Beer Scout with a #33 stamp on it! GEC says that this is an error and the wrong knife was stamped and inserted into the tube. Take a look at the photo below. Has anyone seen this sort of error from GEC before, and if so, is this knife worth anything as it is the completely incorrect material? Let me know your thoughts as I am new to the forum. Thanks guys and gals!

WOW Chris!!! I can't speak for it's value but rarity for sure:thumbup::cool:

Me personally, I love oddities like this. Someone may pay a premium for such an oddity but that's speculation only on my part. I'd KEEP and use it that's for sure:thumbup:

I will go ahead and list it in my opening post:)

I'll assume your forum name is just coincidence with the number you received. Could this be a April Fools come early;):D your luck in Beer Scout oddities continues from your Sunbrite version from last year:thumbup:

Last edited:
I have a #33 charred oak Beer barrel knife that I bought last week. One small issue though...the knife I received is NOT charred oak, but is a maroon linen micarta Beer Scout with a #33 stamp on it! GEC says that this is an error and the wrong knife was stamped and inserted into the tube. Take a look at the photo below. Has anyone seen this sort of error from GEC before, and if so, is this knife worth anything as it is the completely incorrect material? Let me know your thoughts as I am new to the forum. Thanks guys and gals!

Thanks for sharing a picture! As to your question regarding seeing that type of an error before and worth? You should hang on to it, it's one of a kind and worth more than you paid for it.

Paul, you should put Chris down for #33 :)

Thanks for sharing a picture! As to your question regarding seeing that type of an error before and worth? You should hang on to it, it's one of a kind and worth more than you paid for it.

Paul, you should put Chris down for #33 :)

I listed it with an asterisk simply for it's uniqueness:thumbup::cool:

Back