Post your CRK carry knife for today.

Your pic inspired me to step out back on our first cold day this Fall to shoot one of my own, @Josh K . I'm ditto on three of your four above, though my Mnandi is snakewood. I'm hanging out on a Saturday and still not dressed, so the only carrying I've done is to take these three out for pics. I'll pocket the Inkosi and Mnandi when I do get it together today.

iu9tG6Z.jpg

Cp6q5iu.jpg

Carryin' the two Plain Janes in the middle, the small 21 and the 25. The more I use the 25 the more I appreciate the beefier blade. The extra weight feels natural and balances the knife better than the large 21, it makes it pretty much just behind the pivot in the finger groove. You can see all the patuna on the small 21. It looks almost pewter/lead colored. Love that well used look the ti picks up bouncin' around in your pocket.

CY0RS8Y.jpg

qLwb8Ws.jpg

This one today

Cool! I didn't know they did serrations, I've seen Veff ground serrations people had sent to him to do but I didn'r know CRK did their own, do you folks sharpen your own? They are vert simple serrations and with a tapered diamond hone would be easy to touch up. Is it a non issue and they need no real maintenance unless you flatten or chip it out. Also is that a satin finish on the blade or just the way it lights in the pic?

Cool! I didn't know they did serrations, I've seen Veff ground serrations people had sent to him to do but I didn'r know CRK did their own, do you folks sharpen your own? They are vert simple serrations and with a tapered diamond hone would be easy to touch up. Is it a non issue and they need no real maintenance unless you flatten or chip it out. Also is that a satin finish on the blade or just the way it lights in the pic?

Ted,
They're very easy to sharpen. With a wide stone, you can get the edge without falling into the serration. I got a KME rod for a serrated knife and it works perfectly. The blade finish is the normal stonewashed finish. The serrated part cuts like no body's business. I believe it was last year when CRK announced they were not doing any more serrated blades. I had to jump on it and it being a lefty sealed the deal.:D

Lapedog Lapedog Happy Belated Birthday! Cheers, to many more.

I’m rocking my Inkosi again and will be until at least December. I’ll spare some boring pics and try to get some better pics than I normally take.

Enjoy the day, everyone.

Back