Post your CRK carry knife for today.

Hiking companions
i.ashx

After hike beer companions
i.ashx

I know this is a CRK thread, photoman12001 photoman12001 , but your MP1 looks sweet with that blue scale and hardware. Is that brass or gold anodized?

It’s brass hardware directly from Hinderer. I have brass kits on my MP-1, Half Track, and 3.5” XM-18. My 3” XM-18 has a copper washed kit but will likely get a brass one soon. I just picked up an Ekipse the will probably get brass too. I like the patina it gets. I won’t post photos here but you can see them at https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/lets-see-some-hinderer-action.1422485/page-107#post-18120108

Brass is a soft metal, I'd make a fair bet that it's anodized. I love an MP1 myself!

View attachment 913773
It’s brass hardware directly from Hinderer. I have brass kits on my MP-1, Half Track, and 3.5” XM-18. My 3” XM-18 has a copper washed kit but will likely get a brass one soon. I just picked up an Ekipse the will probably get brass too. I like the patina it gets. I won’t post photos here but you can see them at https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/lets-see-some-hinderer-action.1422485/page-107#post-18120108
I love my MP1 too--just a great knife. I've still got stock hardware on it as I haven't figured out what would look best with the washed out red Micarta. I've got brass on my XM18 3.5 and copper on the newer of my HalfTracks. I love me some HalfTrack too. :)

ljM2DkF.jpg

haZVhoo.jpg

OK, I'll get back on track and belay the RHK commentary...

As much as I favor my 3 large 21 Sebs, my Inkosi and 2 25s are pretty special to me, too. (Don't mean to leave out my SarTac or Mnandi, either.) This one came to me LNIB off the Exchange and is flat out the smoothest, freest CRK I've ever experienced. The pivot seems not to be LockTited and drifts a little over time, but I've got no problem giving it the occasional tweak to kill the tiny amount of play and bring it back to center. This knife was someone else's safe queen, but went right into my pocket and is a favorite user now.

BytKTkC.jpg

mXcTyT0.jpg

Last edited:
Yesterday I carried my StarTac in the morning wearing work shorts and boots, switching to the Massdrop x FF Gent when I changed to gym shorts and sneaks to go to PT.

8yFvkDh.jpg

Today I'm back to fighting back the chaos in the shop/garage. I unloaded my standing tools, planks, and lots of misc stuff in there just before my surgery in March and now it's time to get squared away before starting a couple one-week projects for the same client. I'll have my large 21 Insingo on me for that.

TdUi2MZ.jpg

Great work knife!

Nice thing about bein' retired and carryin' an EDC blade, I can change my mind as many times as I want.

BTW, doesn't mean it'll work any better if I do. (my mind that is).;)

GOP2bzi.jpg

Here's another pic to male up for the duplicate.

Some extra pics of my favorite large 21.

Cp144em.jpg
XQCaVLK.jpg
KDa1lwr.jpg
E63GsVb.jpg
LsK6hu2.jpg

Last edited:
Back