post your fishing boat pics

It's always been a dream of mine too. As long as I can keep making the payments I'm happy. :D

The boats in Nova Scotia are built for moving a lot of traps long distances. We have a lot of the Novi hulls down here. I stuck with a Maine hull (actually Bruno & Stillman are in New Hampshire) because I like the option of being able to charter fish with it. You can't charter with a boat that is not made in the United States.

I didn't know that. Thanks for the info. Someday I will look you up when I'm in the area.:thumbup:

got a 12" porta bote that i tricked out a bit...made a bowcap for it that has an anchor roller, mount for a trolling motor and 2 rod holders...made rod holders that hang off the rear transom...put in rod holders on each corner so i could troll...made rod holders to fit in the oar locks...engine is the unloved 5hp briggs & stratton; my lawn mower outboard ain't smooth but it's easy to fix, doesn't need a water pump and was 1/3 the cost of a 5hp 4stroker; love it...

More than a few canoes
Heres mine
A Ystern 17 foot Chestnut Freighter.
bayonet006.jpg

Built sometime in the 60's Restored last year,powered by a Florida Outboard 2 hp 4 stroke
Thanks
Dan'l

I didn't know that. Thanks for the info. Someday I will look you up when I'm in the area.:thumbup:

anytime :)

and i have to correct my statement- you can't charter in the united states with a boat that was not built in the united states or have had 77 (i think?) % of the boat rebuilt in the usa. i used to know the law and the reason behind it but i can't remember it off the top of my head.

Back