Post your Spyder Pics

Dc27IAHl.jpg

I wonder how these compare to the ones from Flytanium? I held just a pair of Flytanium Para 3 copper scales in my hand and they felt quite heavy (also expensive). I still like this look though.
There were some pictures of the inside last year when folks were swapping scales right away but I can't put my finger on them.

I'd have to guess the Flytanium ones would be lighter since they used the existing liners.

Posted the following today in the Acquisitions Thread in the General Knife Discussion Forum but thought that it would also be worth cross posting here as well.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Didn't really need it but couldn't pass up this EB "find"-- an early pre-2000 version of the Moran Featherweight (FB01) with an upswept VG10 blade and a leather sheath in a white box w/proper markings and an insert consistent w/the period -- for what I considered a "good" price.

The knife has a mirror finish and is in perfect condition. The blade is so well polished that it's hard to photograph it w/o picking up something in the reflection of the blade. The sheath is unused but has some imperfections due to (mis)handling. The box is intact and in generally good condition but there is some water/moisture damage on the label end.

No plans to use the knife; just adding it to the collection as an example the 1st fixed blade knife (if the numbering is to be believed) that Spyderco made.

s-l1600.jpg

In order to put this purchase in context, I thought I'd also show photos of my entire Spyderco fixed blade collection below, which includes a couple other early/hard to find model variations, that I hope that some people here will find of interest.

2nIfDsm.jpg

1) Street Beat w/Black Micarta Handle (FB15P)
2) Fred Perrin (F04P)
3) Street Bowie (FB04BB)
4) Moran Featherweight (FB01)
5) Mule 20CV (MT23) w/Black Scales
6) Mule LC200N (MT25) w/Earth Brown Scales
7) Mule S45VN (MT31) - Blank Only
8) Reverse (FB34G)
9) Ronin (FB09G2)

mjTX6ai.jpg

10) Jumpmaster 2 (FB24BK2)
11) Jumpmaster 1 (FB24BK)
12) Junction (FB38GP)
13) Lum Tanto w/Black Micarta Handle (FB03)
14) Puukko (FB28GBBKP)
15) Pygmy Warrior (FB29GPSBBK)
16) Serrata (FB32GP)

Last edited:
Posted the following today in the Acquisitions Thread in the General Knife Discussion Forum but thought that it would also be worth cross posting here as well.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Didn't really need it but couldn't pass up this EB "find"-- an early pre-2000 version of the Moran Featherweight (FB01) with an upswept VG10 blade and a leather sheath in a white box w/proper markings and an insert consistent w/the period -- for what I considered a "good" price.

The knife has a mirror finish and is in perfect condition. The blade is so well polished that it's hard to photograph it w/o picking up something in the reflection of the blade. The sheath is unused but has some imperfections due to (mis)handling. The box is intact and in generally good condition but there is some water/moisture damage on the label end.

No plans to use the knife; just adding it to the collection as an example the 1st fixed blade knife (if the numbering is to be believed) that Spyderco made.

s-l1600.jpg

In order to put this purchase in context, I thought I'd also show photos of my entire Spyderco fixed blade collection below, which includes a couple other early/hard to find model variations, that I hope that some people here will find of interest.

2nIfDsm.jpg

1) Street Beat w/Black Micarta Handle (FB15P)
2) Fred Perrin (F04P)
3) Street Bowie (FB04BB)
4) Moran Featherweight (FB01)
5) Mule 20CV (MT23) w/Black Scales
6) Mule LC200N (MT25) w/Earth Brown Scales
7) Mule S45VN (MT31) - Blank Only
8) Reverse (FB34G)
9) Ronin (FB09G2)

mjTX6ai.jpg

10) Jumpmaster 2 (FB24BK2)
11) Jumpmaster 1 (FB24BK)
12) Junction (FB38GP)
13) Lum Tanto w/Black Micarta Handle (FB03)
14) Puukko (FB28GBBKP)
15) Pygmy Warrior (FB29GPSBBK)
16) Serrata (FB32GP)

Wow, nice catch with a bit of history there.

That is a nice collection. Is it stricktly Spyderco blades you collect?

And I was a bit dissapointed/surprised not to see the Waterway in there, not a big fan? 🤔

Wow, nice catch with a bit of history there.

That is a nice collection. Is it stricktly Spyderco blades you collect?

And I was a bit dissapointed/surprised not to see the Waterway in there, not a big fan? 🤔

Thanks!

I've got about 140 Spydercos which represents about 40% of my collection of about 330 knives. The other major brands in my collection include Kershaws (now only vintage pre 2000) and ZTs. The rest are scattered among various brands of automatics, balisongs, folders and fixed blades.

Nothing wrong w/it but not a fan of the Waterway because there's nothing particularly unique about it which justifies my buying and adding it to my collection considering the other Spyderco fixed blades that I already own.

The only other fixed blade Spyderco that I'm interested in buying right now is a Kumo (FB11), which I've had the opportunity to buy before but (for whatever reason) never did.

Last edited:
Back