posting pics?

How are you suposed to attach thumbnails and pictures... :confused: Im new to the fourms but have been a maker 4 about a year. would like opinions on my knives but cant figure out how to do the pictures :mad:

Up at the top of every page, it says "upgrade your forum experience". That's where you sign up for a paid membership, in your case I'd assume "knifemaker". With that, you can host pics right off your hard drive.
Without a paid membership, you have to have them hosted by a website, or photo hosting site etc., and it's a lot harder, in my case anyway, to post them.

Once you have the membership, you make your post, then further down that page you'll see a manage attachments button, you click that, and another popup asks for the location, you click browse, and if you have them saved in, lets say, "My Documents", or "My Pictures" you specify the location. When you find the photo, just click on it, then click on post, then hit the upload button and it will become part of your post. I believe you can have three attachments per post, and they have to be 100K, or below. I've found that sizing them to roughly 680X480 works well. Save them as Jpegs.

It's really a lot easier than I've probably made it seem.:eek:

BTW, welcome to Bladeforums! Enjoy!:D

http://xs.to/pics/04100/Dsc00003.jpg

Link to picture of my knife :) :D
specs:
ol Legnth-8 3/4 in
blade width-1 1/8 in
blade length-about 4 1/4 in
stage fo completion-buffing polishing is needed :yawn:
blade material-work hardned brass
handle material-dymond wood black/oak o-1 pins( all I had on hand)

opinions please! (be honest i have allllot of room for improvement)

AwP

Work hardened brass, huh? That's pretty cool, don't see anything like that very often at all. The blade looks really good, how did you work harden it, hammering or some other method? How is it performing for you? Main spot for improvement I think seems to be the pins, though it could just be the pic. Peening pins is one of the hardest parts for me too, though I figured out a system that works for me. I'll leave the pins long on both sides and bevel the edges before I peen, then after I peen I grind it down even with the wood. Trying to peen it into a pleasant looking and comfortable peened shape is pretty tough, grinding the "heads" off might be cheaty but it ends up looking pretty decient. The fact that you used O1 probably made it more difficult than if you had used something softer too.

Since you have your pics hosted on another site, you can post them here and have it show the pic as a free member, it just won't attach as a thumbnail. On your posting page, right above your message box, are icons of different functions. One of them looks like a little yellow postcard. Click on it and then paste your url in the popup box and it'll surround your link with IMG tags which will make the pic open here, like so...

Dsc00003.jpg

I went for a brass knife because it looked nice and shiney. It was also extremly easy to work. :D also I wanted to make a handle like that.( my drill press goes to fast and it hardly did the brass) :grumpy:

I think it worked out pretty good for a first try. :)

I knocked a sheath off for it also! :D
Dsc00005.jpg