Posting Pics

no taller than 600 pixels
no wider than 800 pixels

no larger than 100 Kilobytes

Make sense? Email me if you need any help.

If you want to use inches, I've found that 2.5-3" wide is plenty big for the screen. Also, most of the time you can get away with pictures at 72DPI since a lot of monitors doon't display much better than that. One last thing... A lot of people shrink their pictures, but don't realize that sizing them doesn't change the size of the file that much. If you're using an imaging editor, do something like "save for web" or "optimize photos." Easy with Photoshop, but I imagine any editor does this. Sometimes you see these teeny tiny pictures that still take forever and a day to load. Once you get the hang of it, it's easy. If you are using Photoshop, learn how to do do Actions. You can "save" and "play" Actions, which are basically recordings of the steps you're taking with a picture. So, let's say you have ten pictures you want to resize to 3" wide, optimize for the web, color correct, etc. You can record allt he actions you take on one picture, save as a custom action, then just hit one button for the rest of the photos and the computer does all of the steps you recorded. Very cool!

Back