Potato or onion storage bag

potato or onion storage bag
Open drawstring to add items, reach through slit to retrieve them. No need to take bag off hook and take them through top of bag.

8CrJMeo.jpg

Last edited:
A while back I was looking for a bag for onions or potatoes. I wanted something like the net type bag onions are usually packaged in.... or tennis balls.... Guess what? You can't really buy something as simple as this without buying tennis balls or the product. The closest thing I found was the net bag that is used for camping, but they tend to be too large.

Your bag type is something I hadn't considered. Great to see the possibility.

I don't know where you live but there are plenty of nets to choose from... if you look into diving and spearfishing gear stores. We (I spearfish) use them for carryng wet gear or gathering shells, abalones (where allowed), crabs of any kind (again, were allowed) etc.

Check this out. I am pretty sure that this site/store has also its own US equivalent: https://www.scubastore.com/buceo-submarinismo/bolsas-y-cajas-bolsas-de-red/61/s

The ones with rigid handles are very handy, because they kind of solve the problem of the net closing by itself once you put any weight in it.

I hope it helps!

I don't know where you live but there are plenty of nets to choose from... if you look into diving and spearfishing gear stores. We (I spearfish) use them for carryng wet gear or gathering shells, abalones (where allowed), crabs of any kind (again, were allowed) etc.

Check this out. I am pretty sure that this site/store has also its own US equivalent: https://www.scubastore.com/buceo-submarinismo/bolsas-y-cajas-bolsas-de-red/61/s

The ones with rigid handles are very handy, because they kind of solve the problem of the net closing by itself once you put any weight in it.

I hope it helps!
Thanks for that link. The nets give me some ideas
I used a similar approach when I found a bunch of free wooden embroidery hoops. I removed the drawstring and attached the net to the wooden frame. A loop of cord is used to hang the hoop from a hook.

fsfjopp.jpg

Mikel, thanks for that link. I was looking in stores like Walmart, Target, Cabelas, Bass Pro versus looking on line. Some things I just don't want to order online.

Back