Power Lock

During searches this tool is really missing unfo. The Paratool and Power Plier both get medium to low reviews, and the 'Lock seems to answer alot of complaints.

I am looking for a king utility tool: one that will work on my duty belt and be taped to the sheath of my field knife. I want quality and usefulness.

Is this tool high on the gadget factor, or is it the ultimate?

how well does the saw work, compared to the SAK? How do the scissors work? The compound gears are great, but are the wire cutters strong enough to use that mechanism? (most frequent problem with multi-tools used as wire cutters is impacting the cutters. Gerber has replaceable carbide cutters now) Are screw drivers well set up? Is it comfortable to use? Can you replace tools like in the Paratool? Are the pliers needle nose, or are they something inbetween?

Lastly, is there a way to cross post to several forums to get the most mileage, or do I have to type the message out for each one?

pat

Hi Pat,

Your post sound like it is requesting consumer (subjective) input. Those are very welcome here.

PowerLock.jpg

Let me respond to several of your non-subjective questions.

Plier head? True needle nose.

Gaget-oriented? It is designed to be among the ultimate in useful tools on the market.

Replaceable parts? Yes!

Wire cutters? The compound leverage aids in wire cutting applications. The plier head is easily replaceable if wire cutters become damaged beyond repair.

If there is anything else I can answer for you, please let me know.

Ron@SOG

------------------
Email: ron@sogknives.com

Soundslike you may have a sale...

Any neg. points I should know about.

pat

Hi Pat,

You've asked the wrong person about negative points.

But with our return rate only half of one percent and backed with a life time warranty...you can't fail!

If you buy one, come back and tell us about your experiences.

Ron@SOG

------------------
Email: ron@sogknives.com

[This message has been edited by Ron@SOG (edited 07-08-2000).]

Back