Practice Here to Post Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
5xyYdKh

Test because my Avatar picture not showing up in some posts, and other members Avatar not showing along with the pictures they post.

Test because my Avatar picture not showing up in some posts, and other members Avatar not showing along with the pictures they post.

Rest easy, mate. You're not doing anything wrong.

The avatars not showing as well as some pics is part of the wonky stuff going on with the forums.
Switching to desktop view clears that up.

The avatars not showing as well as some pics is part of the wonky stuff going on with the forums.
Thanks brother, it’s just frustrating at times. I always test load pictures here first to make sure they will show correctly or if I need to resize them. Sometimes a 2mb picture will show just fine, other times I need to downsize the pixels to 499.99kb to let them post. But I upload directly, I do not use a hosting site. It seems that if it happens on any particular page, then the entire page is void photos and avatars. If the thread moves along fast, it corrects by the following page. If the thread moves slowly, it can take weeks to get enough posts to turn pages.

Yesterday on this particular thread Big Ol Haugers last 2 postings (no Avatar, no pictures). I tried just below him, my picture downloaded just fine, but my avatar was showing only after posting. Now today my Avatar is missing, oh well. I’ve tried logging out, refreshing, logging back in, clearing catch, etc... only not tried desk top version. I will try that next, but I only use a IPad using Safari, so we shall see it it makes a difference.

I appreciate your reply and suggestion, I can only hope it’s as easy as that to fix. I’ll download a easy picture here and let it stay posted so I can track if it shows, only shows for a day, or fails all together. We’ll get through it, I just get bummed I’m missing out on some great postings (pictures). Hey, at least the word text shows up, lol.

Have a great Sunday.

Test photo I know works because it’s posted under other threads. Posted now Sunday, October 18, 7:54am.
8567949F-1F05-4FB4-B526-B5451AC31603.jpeg

Thanks brother, it’s just frustrating at times. I always test load pictures here first to make sure they will show correctly or if I need to resize them. Sometimes a 2mb picture will show just fine, other times I need to downsize the pixels to 499.99kb to let them post. But I upload directly, I do not use a hosting site. It seems that if it happens on any particular page, then the entire page is void photos and avatars. If the thread moves along fast, it corrects by the following page. If the thread moves slowly, it can take weeks to get enough posts to turn pages.

Yesterday on this particular thread Big Ol Haugers last 2 postings (no Avatar, no pictures). I tried just below him, my picture downloaded just fine, but my avatar was showing only after posting. Now today my Avatar is missing, oh well. I’ve tried logging out, refreshing, logging back in, clearing catch, etc... only not tried desk top version. I will try that next, but I only use a IPad using Safari, so we shall see it it makes a difference.

I appreciate your reply and suggestion, I can only hope it’s as easy as that to fix. I’ll download a easy picture here and let it stay posted so I can track if it shows, only shows for a day, or fails all together. We’ll get through it, I just get bummed I’m missing out on some great postings (pictures). Hey, at least the word text shows up, lol.

Have a great Sunday.

Test photo I know works because it’s posted under other threads. Posted now Sunday, October 18, 7:54am.
View attachment 1439109
Right now it shows perfect, clean picture, clean text, clear Avatar. 7:55am October 18.

B benchwarmer380
Thank you brother, switching to the desktop view worked. I went back to 2 different threads + this thread. This thread Big Ol Hauger right above me is now showing Avatar + Photos.
Going back to the GKD forum, knives and guns the missing second to last page now shows Avatars and Pictures clearly. The Knives on my Cat the second to last page bottom Q10 posts all show the Avatars and posted pictures.

Was easy fix, I don’t notice any difference in viewing at all using the desktop version from viewing on the mobile viewing platform. Both look the same to my viewing, with the exception that the desktop version corrected all the missing pictures and Avatar pictures. I’m tagging brother @jfk1110 as I promised him I would if I found a fix that worked as he had the same problem at the same time I did, in the same thread too, and it appears fixed now thanks to you B benchwarmer380 .

Thank you again, that was 15 second fix, didn’t even have to turn off and restart. Took longer to go back to known threads/posts to verify they were visible now.

PS,
I do remember reading somewhere that our mobile devices don’t stay locked on the desktop viewing choice, and a person will have to go back from time to time and switch on the desktop viewing. Perhaps by default or something like that our devices change on back to the mobile view. But no matter, it’s about as easy as it can be to correct the viewing problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back