Pre Order my White River Utility Hunters

Jason Fry

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
The second run of my utility hunters by White River is out for preorder. They should be to me next week and ready to mail out to you all shortly after.

This is my classic utility hunter design, made in USA by White River Knife and Tool. My specifications, my design, my material choices, and White River quality. This product is available for pre-order. Here's a video with the technical specifications. Specifications Video There are two variations this time, standard colors and Texas flags. To the best of our ability, this knife is the same profile, same edge style and thickness, and same quality heat treatment as my custom versions.

OAL is 7 3/4″, with a 3 1/4″ blade. The handle material is bolted on, with an unlined lanyard hole. The blade finish is tumbled stonewash. The steel in these knives is S35VN, professionally heat treated to 59/60 RC. This run will come with Kydex sheaths by White River.

While I don’t have the “final” inventory of colors, I do know that the colors in the picture below will be available in some quantity. I also have a limited number of laminate Texas Flag scales, pictured in the gallery. I special ordered these from “Mad Max,” Joseph James.

Standard colors are $215, Texas are $240. When they come in, I'll contact buyers first come first served for pick of standard handle materials. I only have 7 of the Texas left.

Here's the link to purchase.

06091956-B829-433D-8C88-3FFF8E8F5868.jpeg

imagejpeg_0 (1).JPG

Here are a few of the knives from the last run for reference.

IMG_3912-rotated-e1651074829947.jpg

Very nice, are the scales G10 or micarta or a bunch of different materials? I’ll watch the video, sorry, should do that first. Sounds like a mixture of materials that White River has left around.

Last edited:
Very nice, are the scales G10 or micarta or a bunch of different materials? I’ll watch the video, sorry, should do that first. Sounds like a mixture of materials that White River has left around.

You nailed it. I asked them for a variety of colors and types of synthetics for my personal runs, several different G10's and micartas. I think the ones they put out to dealers may have a bit more "standard" selection. About the only thing I know for sure is that there won't be any of the SureTouch in this run, as we were unable to get any more.

I like the wide variety, everything will be unique, and using what you have already is wise too.

Second run arrived today. Here is a unboxing video.

Back