Pre-Photos Sneak Info - Teaser

Stacy E. Apelt - Bladesmith

ilmarinen - MODERATOR
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Today,I just finished the sculpturing on the blade for a knife I have been working on for a year. It is a stunning (If I don't say so ,myself) piece of art knife work.Style is a quillion dagger. The handle is narwhal. The handle metals are all in 14 Karat gold...white, red, yellow, and green. The handle is set with 7.44 carats of diamonds. The blade has a lot going on ,too.... in stainless damascus. I plan to do the HT on the blade this Sunday. The knife may be finished in a week or two. I'll post photos when it is done, and good photos when it comes back from the professional photographer.
Plan on seeing this knife at the Blade Show, next year.
Selling price will be around $10K.
Stacy

Ill take it, Here are ten k's kkkkkkkkkk
I will send you the shipping address. :)

Cant wait to see it, even though I could never afford it.

I've never heard of green gold before. It sounds like a real looker though, can't wait to see the pics! If all goes well, I may be at Blade next year to drool on it for ya! :D -Matt-

LOL, just can't wait can you. I love it. The excitement of building your dream knife. I bet your like a kid at Christmas/ Jim

Etched the blade today, and soldered it to the guard. Final fitting and glue-up by Sunday.
Stacy

Yeah, and I think we're a little overdue on the pics! :D C'mon Stacy, don't keep us waiting much longer!

I'll try to get some decent photos this evening.
I may take it to Ashokan, but that group seems a bit on the seedy side....might have to use it to protect myself.
Stacy

I hear that Mace contracts out for body guard duty, and I know that he can handle both Matt Gregory and Spike Mangler at the same time, so that's probably sufficient protection for Ashokan.

Definately looking forward to the pictures since I'm not able to make ashokan this year. (well, i'm going to be at ashokan in 2 weeks for 4 days, just not for the blade conference)

Back