Pre-Xmas gift, I'm a lucky guy!

Tess gave me an early X-mas gift and a real surprise after the Timonium show. One of Bill Ogden's "Piglet" folders. Bill's a great guy and a fellow PA maker, does great fancy folders. This one has a 2 1/4" blade (5 1/2" total) of blued damascus (done by one of Eggerling's apprentices) the backspring is also blued damascus with file work to match the liners, mammoth ivory scales and a fancy little thumb post. Bill's a real character and fine fella. If you see him at a show sometime stop by and take a close look at his stuff. It's impressive work.

:eek:
What the heck could be under the tree if you got THAT 10 days early :eek: Seems like a pretty tough act to follow.

Maybe she found out what she's getting and this is a hint that you need to try a little harder ie. "get back to the store!" ;)

I just knew Tess married the wrong guy. I just knew it. That blade's wasted on the likes of you.

(BTW could you please give my shipping address to Tess.)

Steve

damn man...if your naughty Tess can send it to NC :p
Nice handle on that piece!

Jeez man...you must be doing something right! That is a fine xmas present, and to get it 10 days early yet.....

Very nice...

Doc

You are indeed a lucky man J. In a lot of ways. You seem to have a happy marriage and that's a rare thing these days. You are living the lifestyle you want and that's a rare thing. You have a true talent and that's a rare thing.....Yep, pretty lucky.
Nice knife too! ;)

Seems like Don is always picking my thoughts before I think em and then posting them here under his own name. I don't know how he does that, but he should be working on Wall Street. :D And quit wasting his time rummaging around in my little brain!

You are a lucky guy J but something tells me luck happens to those who make it. Tess has done quite well for you! Since everyone else has already gotten on her extended Christmas list I'll bow out for this year. But if Mark's getting a lump of coal, I'll be lucky to get a box of dust bunnies. Guess I'll have to try good livin next year to see if that improves my holiday haul.

Way to go J and Tess! Very nice knife. Thanks for sharing,

Mark Williams said:
All I expect is a lump of coal and a bag of switches. Very nice liitle folder J.
Nah thats just forging supplies. Them switches are really miniature hawk handles ;)

Gee, guys. I'm all choked up here. I was just happy about the knife. I know I don't deserve it (or Tess for that matter) but, I keep trying. Your all tops in my book. If any of you get coal (or dustbunnies) for X-mas, you let us know and me, Tess and Danny will go out and "have a talk" with someone. ;)

J. Neilson said:
Gee, guys. I'm all choked up here. I was just happy about the knife. I know I don't deserve it (or Tess for that matter) but, I keep trying. Your all tops in my book. If any of you get coal (or dustbunnies) for X-mas, you let us know and me, Tess and Danny will go out and "have a talk" with someone. ;)

well they are all right in my book.
it seems good luck is helped with working at it, bad luck will befall anyone that will take it. ;)

one thing they didn't mention though ,,was Danny,, you are a lucky man don't mess it up :mad: ;) ..
work work work at it.. holding things together does take a lot work from both sides. ask me how I know, I'm working #28 and I screwed up but am very lucky she loves this sorry butt..

Hey what were we talking about here ?? :confused: Dang
oh yeah nice Knife too BTW :D
Tess you sure you still want him :D :D

merry Christmas to you all.. :D

Back