Precision Adjust Upgrade Kit?

Nice!

Gritomatic has another upgrade definitely worth having....4 inch and 6 inch generic stone holders! It opens up a whole new world.

Good call Sharp Minded Sharp Minded , I should have! For anyone who wants to know more about the system, we will be going live on Nov. 1st at 10am PST on our YouTube channel to answer questions and go over what's new. We are also offering early access to anyone that knows they want the Upgrade Kit or Elite bundle and you can sign up for that here: https://www.worksharptools.com/exclusiveaccess/

Hope to see you live next Friday!

Well, that escalated quickly...

Unit arrived today, looks like a solid bit of kit for the money.

I‘ll add it to the corner with the Work Sharp and Drill Doctor, lol.

Please forgive the iPotato pics. Buck 110 for scale.

May I ask, are you happy with this still? How many bales have you done? Thanks 🤨

I am so impressed that they are releasing the upgrade kit so that owners of the original (like me) are able to get the whole Elite product without buying redundant parts.
Way to go, Work Sharp!!!

I purchased one also and it’s great. The only flaw is on small slipjoints is I had to set the angle to 25 degrees and higher or else I was sharpening the end of the clamp. I wanted a 20 bevel but with skinny blades the edge is so close to the jaws I just couldn’t get there. Any tips for that would be great if anyone has any yet.

I purchased one also and it’s great. The only flaw is on small slipjoints is I had to set the angle to 25 degrees and higher or else I was sharpening the end of the clamp. I wanted a 20 bevel but with skinny blades the edge is so close to the jaws I just couldn’t get there. Any tips for that would be great if anyone has any yet.
Keep an eye out, or maybe contact Gritomatic to find out if they have stock of their Hapstone lite clamps or their KakBritva central wide clamp and related Gearconnect clamp adapter for the Work Sharp Precision Adjust. With those clamps & related Gearconnect adapter you can get a very low sharpening angle.

Basically, you unscrew and remove the original clamp, and replace it with one of these clamps + adapter.

Just make sure not to refer to the angle markings on the Precision Adjust when you use a slightly longer clamp than the original. Your angles will be a lot lower than indicated on the scale. Use your phone or an angle cube to check the angle if you use these clamps.

Like one of these -

Last edited:
Thanks for tip. I also just sharpened a 3/16 thick blade and the jaws also seem maxed out. I have a lot of 1/4 inch thick knives and worry the jaws won’t hold onto them. We will see. Great kit but it isn’t the be all end all I hoped it to be. But for the money it’s awesome and will do 90% of “normal” knives I’m sure.

For me, that was a pretty serious flaw 👎👎

For smaller blades of traditional folders, it might be an opportunity for WorkSharp to design a smaller clamping system, what I envision would be something that you would attach to your small narrow blade and then the back end of that clamp would be a straight piece of metal that you would then insert into the regular standard clamp. I would think steel with sunken screws to tighten down on the small blade.

That would be a useful bit of kit that a lot of other knife sharpeners could benefit from as well as just the WorkSharp products, so you may get some sales just for that special clamp.

G2

Edited to say that I see from 777 Edge 777 Edge post there are some different clamps available to purchase with an adapter, might be handy to show a video sharpening some traditional style knives so we could see how that all comes together.

Last edited:
I got one of these and it actually works really well (was a bit skeptical). The only issue I found is that it is difficult to get really skinny blades in the right position because they want to center themselves on the magnet.

Aftermarket Kakbritva clamp. Much better than the original clamp. Perfect for EDC knives, FFG blades, distal taper, low angle sharpening etc.

Back