Preferred Hawk Carry Method

Ladies & Gentlemen,

I am curious if any of you have considered how you desire to carry your, soon to be, new hawk. I am sure there will be many different ways to tote (Southern Term for carry) the hawks both singularly and for multiple hawk carry as in hunting.

I am looking into a carry method for myself and have already discussed it with Kenny Rowe. Once I finalize my design I will share it.

Let me know how you prefer to sheath and carry your hawk.

Well, I'll tell you how I'm carrying my spike RR. I went to the fabric store and bought some leather. I'm going to make a sheath about the length of a hawk. The hawk resides in the sheath inverted. The sheath has a belt loop at the top with a silicon dive ring attached to slip over the handle. The sheath then travels down the leg being about 2 inches wide. At the bottom of the sheath, the leather expands to the width of the hawk head and is folded over to form a pouch twice as deep as the head. Thus, the hawk head is inserted in the pouch and the ring is then slipped over the end of the handle to hold it in place. There is also some cording attached to the bottom of the sheath to tie it to the leg.

Very simpleton, but should work for me.

Back